Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pendant Drill

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    They come in metric and fractions of an inch, but for a USA article I imagine it would be the fractions of an inch one. As you know, there is a slight difference. What puzzles me about all this, is that the correct key must have come with it.
    Yes Dennis!!!! That was part of my frustration, it was the supplied allen key that seemingly didn't work, when I took it in to Cousins, in desparation and asked, it was just hang on a minute, replacement allen key produced, worked and given to me,......I don't think I was the first!!

You cant see it, But I'm shaking my head in disbelief. Even Ikea wouldn't be like that these days.

I have always thought that jewellers are poorly served by many of their suppliers and they seem to accept it.

When I first started, I took back some ring pliers marked with their logo to a firm in Hatton Wall, now long closed. Would you believe it, one beak fell off while I was using it to bend up a ring. Although they knew me and I had already bought my ring stretcher and my rolling mill there, they argued every which way to avoid responsibility.

I also took back a small riveting hammer to Exchange Findings, later taken over by Cookson. It was pretty and shiny when I bought it, but very quickly the shine came off in flakes, because it was plating, and the face of the hammer distorted because it was made of some soft metal, probably die cast. The manager hid out of sight somewhere in the back, while the assistant shuttled back and forth between him and me, relaying negative messages.

Even now, at least when I last called, there is a distinct difference in tone between sales staff, who are very friendly and the scrap purchasing department.

Dennis