Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pendant Drill

Hi Theresa,

I had the Axminster one and it served me well for the past four years. It wasn't until I used a Foredom at my stone setting class that I realised the Axminster had probably had it's time! I now have a Foredom with No.30 handpiece, which I love. It's faster, smoother and quieter than the Axminster, and I also got a little stand you can bolt it into that turns it into a pillar drill - brilliant!

I am fairly competent at making and putting things together, and can normally work out how things work, but the allen key doesnt seem to do anything just goes around. We have a shop in Exeter that sells tools, in desperation I may take it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    I am fairly competent at making and putting things together, and can normally work out how things work, but the allen key doesnt seem to do anything just goes around. We have a shop in Exeter that sells tools, in desperation I may take it in there.
    The allen key is for removing the collet completely, to adjust see my post on the other thread. If it still doesn't work you must have a duff one

The allen key for the handset I have is used to adjust the tightness /grip of the handset collet, the first one I had was duff, the replacement works like a dream!! (and was much easier to use once shown how)!!

Presumably you mean that the allen key is duff, not the handpiece. I will have a look later on. Its 4.23am and I got woken up by owls shouting their heads off, so came down for a cuppa. Not really corpus mentus yet, going back to bed in a mo. I did fleetingly try another allen key last night but not sure if it was imperial or metric so will try again, my daughter has one the same and she has trouble with hers but only when she is sanding, and she cant pull her tool out without releasing the lever, mine comes out quite easily, it doesnt fly out but it only takes a bit of pressure to pull it out.

yes Pat, the allen key, exactly as you describe!!

Well I will have a look in the garage for another allen key. Better wait until my neighbours get up, I dont suppose they would appreciate me spuddling around on a Saturday morning at this hour.

They come in metric and fractions of an inch, but for a USA article I imagine it would be the fractions of an inch one. As you know, there is a slight difference. What puzzles me about all this, is that the correct key must have come with it.

I have spent hours trying to solve the problem and by cutting the end off the allen key that came with it, it at last seems to work. All my burrs have been bought from reputable suppliers, mostly Cooksons and a couple from other well known companies, My daughter also noticed that some of my burrs were slightly thinner than others so perhaps that could have been adding to the problem. It was too small for me to notice, so a paper thin difference but enough to make a difference. Thank you all for your help and advice,.

You've been the archetypal British bulldog about this Pat and I'm glad it finally worked out. Dennis.