Thread: Small Jewellery Workshop Insurance

Unhappy Small Jewellery Workshop Insurance

Anyone got any contacts for small jewellery workshop insurance??? I have a small jewellery workshop in my garden - brick built - with locks etc. where I teach from and the odd customer comes to see me. I have had insurance for 8 years covering public liability and tools etc. with a company calles Simply Business which does Insurance for small businesses. its renewal time and they now tell me that they cannot continue to cover me as i have ''precious metals'' - even though I explained that the total amount of precious metal (silver raw material is £100 tops) and no stock- silver items are kept in the workshop.I have also explained that my tools are worth far more than the small amount of precious metal kept there and I am NOT a large jewellery shop holding thousands of pounds worth of stock, but It appears that the moment they think JEWELLERY, they put my small workshop into a different category! Any ideas please.....?

I get my insurance through the Guild of Jewellery Designers.

I've had mine through AN for 4 years http://www.a-n.co.uk/. With subscription to that you get free public liability and an option for AIR packages through HencillaCanworth or you can make a completely tailor made policy specific to your needs. I've found it to be cheaper than taking it out through the Guild which wasn't an option at the time even though I'm also a guild member. I don't really get any other use out of AN other than giving me really cheap insurance cover

Great, I will follow those up - Thank you! So how much - approximately - is your premium per year?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbieblue View Post
    Great, I will follow those up - Thank you! So how much - approximately - is your premium per year?
    I've pm 'd you

Thank you - got it!