Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Soldering

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

the flash back for the orca is in it's connecting regulator. It is built in and that is why it is not a cheap thing to purchase. You can connect any flashbacks and fittings to the hose that are UK compliant and standard.

Hose! damn that was the word i was looking for! i think i pickled my brain...................duh
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED

If a torch is only burning propane in atmospheric oxygen, mixed in the open nozzle, why would you need a flash back arrestor?
    There is not one on hand held plumbers / cooks blowtorches, or ovens, or hobs, or lighters.
    Genuine question, I thought they were only necessary if using hose delivered oxygen.

Quote Originally Posted by trialuser View Post
    If a torch is only burning propane in atmospheric oxygen, mixed in the open nozzle, why would you need a flash back arrestor?
    There is not one on hand held plumbers / cooks blowtorches, or ovens, or hobs, or lighters.
    Genuine question, I thought they were only necessary if using hose delivered oxygen.
    You don't. I think a lot of people get them with their first propane torch so they're in place for when (which is so often the case rather than if) they upgrade to a propane/oxygen version.

Ah - OK - cheers.

Also some of us are just plain terrified of anything to do with gas hahahahahaha had my fair share of lighters blowing up so anything for peace of mind plus also what George said lol
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED

ohh the cold is a nightmare. Our studios are brutally cold between oct and march. I need the heater on full blast for a couple of hours before my torches behave nicely!

Hi Sandra

I see there is an Orca on eBay for £43.95 plus £8 postage - from Hong Kong. It comes with the flexible hose. Only problem is it will take a while to arrive...
    look up ORCA Hand Torch Welding, Soldering, Heating W/ Hose & 3 Interchangeable Heads

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    Hi Sandra

I see there is an Orca on eBay for £43.95 plus £8 postage - from Hong Kong. It comes with the flexible hose. Only problem is it will take a while to arrive...
    look up ORCA Hand Torch Welding, Soldering, Heating W/ Hose & 3 Interchangeable Heads

Chris

Except that chances are (given the usual seller of these) that it's not an Orca, but a good Chinese copy of one. Nothing wrong with them, but not the real thing. These guys produce very good replicas of a lot of equipment, and some of it's just fine.