Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 'Too many great ideas', anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    So many topics, middle age, ill health , wee workshop spaces where to start!!

Well I'm heading the wrong side of 50 and it hurts in more ways than you'd imagine my bad health kind of defines what I can do but if I didn't make jewellery I would have nothing to show for my life. I'm a good organiser so took on getting funding for a conservation project and as well as being grants manager I am now chair of the small Trust. God knows why we put ourselves through so much, I only ever joined to do their promotion and art work and provide local knowledge as nearly everyone is new to the area and now I do that as well!

I have so many ideas going round in my head it's just being able to bring them to fruition. I have a pile and I mean a pile of started pendants ear rings and spoons lying on the bench as yet unfinished. It has been fruit time so chutneys and jams beckoned when I had such good intentions to get seriously in to the workshop Now the garden needs sorted before the bad weather hits and I'm torn. I suppose in truth I'm disillusioned with my work and sit on the brink of throwing in the towel after more than 30 years but then my confidence gets a boost at the open studio and I muddle on. Ho hum
    I was lucky enough to get a workshop built into the new extension a few years back after a very cold coal shed. Is it big enough, is it hell. My wee lathe is up the attic and I need to be very tidy which once you get in to a load of work is impossible. I had a dream the other night and it was my workshop but it went on forever, well I suppose we can dream.

I 've taken a yearning for colour in my work and I blame all the amazing stained glass,glass and mosaics that are coming through my FB page, now where can I fit all that into my workshop?

Thanks for the group therapy, this would cost a fortune

It's keeping going that keeps us going though isn't it? - It's when we stop that we grind to a halt and can't get moving again.

As I'm fond of saying 'Innertia is a bitch!'

When it gets weary, the plodding on inevitably leads us to another seam of inspiration to mine, and that's what we're really living for isn't it? Inspiration and the expression of our passions through it?

Well this is what I tell myself (amongst many other things - I talk a lot and am usually the only one listening), and it seems to work for me heheheh...

Shaun.

I think it's trying to keep the brain alive isn't it Shaun and not trying to over analyse the bad stuff. Even if I don't get around to making all these ideas in my head HOPEFULLY the good ones will still be there when I need them. I just need to make more effort to sell stuff and stop making more and more until I do