Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assay

It may be that the area highlighted was unsuitable for marking as we generally mark where indicated if at all possible. If you do lose the mark send it back to me with the original paperwork and I'll sort it out for you

Regarding charm bracelets, generally individual charms made of silver are usually under the 7.78g regulation. If you were to send it a charm bracelet with charms attached you would usually just get one mark for the entire item. If you sent in individual charms to be sold loose, and they fell within the weight category, then they would need to be marked.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLAO View Post
    Wallace, it sounds to me like an oversight....usually if you send in something and its not marked for some reason, you are usually informed as to the reason why.....

Anna Wales...key rings which are constructed of split ring with a motif hanging from it are treated as two items as they can easily be separated from each other...in the same way as a pendant and chain, where the pendant can easily be removed from the chain, also count as two items, so you should have the split ring and the motif hallmarked. I'm not sure which office you deal with but if it's me then please feel free to pm me with the details and I'll sort your credit out for you too.
    Hi Steve,
    Pm sent and thank you for clearing up the details about the keyrings. I thought I had always had both bits marked before and it just seemed so odd to have 1 out of the 3 done! Apologies if I sounded like a grumpy old woman but just not up to speed at the moment and really need to be.

hahahahaha....not grumpy at all If it's our fault I'll do my best to put it right for you