Thread: Ready for Christmas?

Default Ready for Christmas?

I'm not... I've got about 20 pieces to design & make over the next month ready for the big exhibition, a couple of commissions running and never enough time in the day. At least I'm aided by a small Yorkshire terrier who thinks that it's a good idea to try and chew my toes when I'm using a foot pedal.

How're other people doing in their preparations?

Not in the slightest I've got a dozen pieces to make for clients and 80 pieces to polish & send off for photographs.

And I'm aided by a small 2 year old ankle biter (as appose to a Yorkshire terrier), who likes to "help";
    2 slightly older ankle biters (who are now at least old enough to leave the tools alone & not try their hands at engraving as they have done previously).
    So, as long as baby number 4 stays put until her due date, I think I might just make it in one piece

I thought I was fairly organised but not so sure now. Been fighting a fairly nasty cold for the last week and have only just been back to the bench yesterday. We have several events booked in November & December and I've been working with these in mind, but some items made for these have already sold or been ordered so it feels like I'm getting nowhere fast. It's good that pieces are selling but I have a fear of running out of stock before Christmas!

Hmm, no. Have five days left to finish stock for a horror expo (that's not the jewellery, but lots of specimen jars and the like to get finished)
    Overseeing t-shirts and bags being printed next week, then open studio on Saturday for Cardiff Open Studios (day before a 5am start for horror expo. Argh).
    Then need to prepare for a Christmas market (panic - have also booked it for my wedding anniversary, oops), finish current commissions at assay, and prepare for another open studio and 'make a ring' day with my studio complex.
    My mum and daughter are both very poorly at the moment too, which is complicating matters further!

My assistant Danielle and I have been busy for months and we have loads of my most popular stuff in stock but you can be sure that people will want different stuff. I've cut right back on shows this year as I'm in the Noths catalogue and I didn't think I could cope. I've only got 7 days worth of shows compared to about 15 days usually.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Peter, that is amazing though. You will have a waiting list soon. Fantastic.

hope your mum and daughter get better soon Lydia and it sounds like you are rushed off your feet

that is fantastic news Carole - glad you are so busy.

I have some steady commissions coming in, which I never thought would happen as I really don't advertise and Etsy has now gone a little quiet, but have some new things to load on there, so that may be helpful.

Getting a shot of the deepest darkest moments mid commission has put me back, but I love a challenge afterall.

Hello & greetings from Berlin, (a change from the flat lands) yes this weekend sees the opening of my exhibition here in the city at a goldsmiths shop. It is a very international affair, exhibitors also from Greece and Norway; we all met up today and made a wonderful display. It is amazing how different your work looks in a different setting, alongside such contrasting work. I return home next Thursday, have one commission to complete, one art fair the following Saturday then that is it apart from the Sintaklaas & Christmas commissions that will follow, no more markets this year! I have a number of galleries to visit following on from successful markets in various towns, I need to brush up on my Dutch sales patter. In the meantime I need to consider new collections for next year. I have been playing with etching and enamelling this year, some down time will allow me to perfect these techniques into the styles I want.
    Poor old Les

Well it looks as if you're all under starter's orders. Good Luck Everyone. Dennis.