Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Hi' from a new forum member.

Welcome from me, too.

Lovely work!

and welcome from me as well. I agree, some lovely work on your site and on Facebook!

medusa, lorraine - thanks! I was afraid I would be posting out of my depth here but so far I've been made to feel most welcome and everyone's been really kind.

',;~}~

Shaun
    Last edited by FloWolF; 15-10-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Hi Shaun,
    I *Love* your wooden rings (and the pinecone ones especially)
    This has been a very interesting read. My husband has bipolar type II, so mostly depressive, and has been very unwell for the past 5 years. In fact, one of the reasons I became self employed was it meant I could work around the kids, and the illness, as he was unable to work.
    Anyway, he has had a few merciful 'well' periods recently, and has also started working with wood and stone (He was a photographer in his 'past' life). (He also goes 'stone balancing' when he wants to empty his thoughts).
    There is something lovely about wood I think.
    Anyway, enough babble from me, lovely to see you here :-) Have 'liked' your facebook page too.

Hello Shaun, Im somewhat similar to you, have suffered from bpd with associated severe depressive and severe anxiety disorder since i was very young. I struggled to cope for many years before having a breakdown and spending some time in hospital. Doing something creative has always helped, I have a degree in fashion where i took a brief option in jewellery (6 days over 6 weeks) and recently decided to see what i could learn a few months ago. I still have absolutely horrendous days and im not sure i will ever be cured or learn to live with it completely but you have to have hope in order to carry on. Its so good and refreshing to hear others openly admit the troubles they go through with mental health, so a very warm welcome from me & if you ever want a chat im here
    Tasha
    X
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    Hi Shaun,
    I *Love* your wooden rings (and the pinecone ones especially)
    This has been a very interesting read. My husband has bipolar type II, so mostly depressive, and has been very unwell for the past 5 years. In fact, one of the reasons I became self employed was it meant I could work around the kids, and the illness, as he was unable to work.
    Anyway, he has had a few merciful 'well' periods recently, and has also started working with wood and stone (He was a photographer in his 'past' life). (He also goes 'stone balancing' when he wants to empty his thoughts).
    There is something lovely about wood I think.
    Anyway, enough babble from me, lovely to see you here :-) Have 'liked' your facebook page too.
    Glad you like the rings Lydia <G>

I saw your 'like' on FB thanks very much!

Photography can be excellent medicine, and working with wood or stone is very healing. As for the balancing it is indeed very Zen - I have a friend I see every now and then in Cumbria who likes to do this but mine always fall over - if you ever saw me carry a coffee you'd know why LOL!

I hope I manage to become another regular face around here - thanks again for another warm welcome.

Be Well!

Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Truffle & Podge View Post
    Hello Shaun, Im somewhat similar to you, have suffered from bpd with associated severe depressive and severe anxiety disorder since i was very young. I struggled to cope for many years before having a breakdown and spending some time in hospital. Doing something creative has always helped, I have a degree in fashion where i took a brief option in jewellery (6 days over 6 weeks) and recently decided to see what i could learn a few months ago. I still have absolutely horrendous days and im not sure i will ever be cured or learn to live with it completely but you have to have hope in order to carry on. Its so good and refreshing to hear others openly admit the troubles they go through with mental health, so a very warm welcome from me & if you ever want a chat im here
    Tasha
    X
    Thanks for yet another lovely welcome!

It sounds indeed like you've had it rough - the inner worlds can be horrendous places.

I've been very lucky to stay out of hospital I think - between the massive support of my wife and family, and walking through the wonderful countryside here in the Ribble Valley, well I think that's what helped most.

Take care and be well Tasha! See you around the forum ',;~}~

Shaun.