Thread: Cad rendered pendant

Default Cad rendered pendant

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.33.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	5123

I designed this with Cad, I'm pleased how the render turned out, Its my take on a radial plane engine,My challenge was trying to make it look as realistic as I can. I'm in the process of setting up my workshop again after moving and everythings in chaos so it wont get made in metal for a while.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RADIAL.14.jpg  

And there I got confused as to which forum I was on... Definitely looks like a radial engine to me, even before I read the text. Which renderer is it?

That looks great!! what is the preferred cad program for jewellery design?? I use solidworks at work but just wondering whats widely used

Hi Peter its rendered with keyshot,

Hi Jon thanks and there is no real answer 'what ever works for you' I suppose is the answer. Rhino is popular because it has many plugin and is very well supported its the one I like to use. There are others Artcam Jewelsmith ,3design ,Zbrush, etc ,solidworks

Quote Originally Posted by josef1 View Post
    Hi Peter its rendered with keyshot,
    SimplyRhino have kindly given me a 6 month window to make up a full bundle, still need to decide which renderer - and why.

Hi Jon thanks and there is no real answer 'what ever works for you' I suppose is the answer. Rhino is popular because it has many plugin and is very well supported
    ...and cos it's cheap (in comparison with the others on the market)...

its the one I like to use. There are others Artcam Jewelsmith ,3design ,Zbrush, etc ,solidworks
    Wee brother has just had the sign-off on a copy of SolidWorks. Showed him what I was doing with Rhino for a fraction of the cost, he was a bit shocked.

The more I look at this subject, the more it seems that many of the packages are complementary to each other - have a look at this link as an example: http://www.artcamjewelsmith.com/case...nd-artcam.html

Downside is all the packages have professional price tags