Thread: Tie Slides/Pins

Default Tie Slides/Pins

My stepson has asked me to make a tie pin/slide for him. I know I can buy the components but I want to make one as its his wedding next week and I think he wants to wear it then. Havent got any knowledge of mens ties as my hubby only wears one under protest, and my dad is elderly and doesn't wear one now. My question is, a) how do you make the slide so it doesn't slip, and b) if I make a pin, don't they damage the tie and shirt underneath. Also need a thingy for the back of the pin, would an earring back (the ones with the plastic) be ok to use as I don't really want to buy a pack of 6 as they would never get used.

If it's a help and you decide to do a tie pin, I've got some sterling silver backs for tie tacks if you want just 1.

Pat, if you decide on a pin then you just make a design of your choice and add brooch fittings. Many people prefer slides, because they don't like holes in their ties.

You can either make or use one of these and solder a design on the front. It might be an idea to start with it straightined and make the bend after any soldering. Dennis.

http://www.cooksongold.com/category_...ery=Tie+slides

Thanks Anna, I have overcome the problem as my husband has dug out one of his old ones with a silver back, he never wears ties, unless its going to an important wedding like his sons next week. Tails and all would you believe, I bet he will be uncomfortable all day. Thanks for the offer anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Wales View Post
    If it's a help and you decide to do a tie pin, I've got some sterling silver backs for tie tacks if you want just 1.