Thread: UK Laser Engraving Service

Talking UK Laser Engraving Service

Hi all! *waves*

Wondering if anyone can help with a wee bit of advice. I currently have a online shop selling personalised jewellery and am moving more and more into using my own cast designs to try and be a little bit different. Currently all of my jewellery is hand stamped but I want to create some designs that this wont be suitable for and I am desperately looking for a company who will Laser engrave various fonts onto different shaped surfaces (rings, uneven surfaces etc) but I am not having much luck. I have emailed a couple of online companies but haven't had any replies and wondered if anyone on here had any ideas of a company who isn't put off by small jewellery orders - all of which would be unique?

Ta xxx

Hi Kate. Would hand engraving not be an option. For one off custom items you will be able to achieve whatever designs you require. I can show you some examples if you give me an idea of what you are looking for.
    Cuttingedgejeweller.co.uk

Try here; http://www.geti.co/jewellery-engraving/ Geti is based in Birmingham and I am sure they can do what you want.

James

It might be but I had a feeling it might more time consuming (& expensive). Also I thought it might not be viable once the orders start flowing as I currently stamp around 30 - 50 items a week and am thinking it might be a wee bit too much for a hand engraver to take on if the engraving side took off in the same way. To start with it would be a bit 'bitty' (ie the odd ring / pendant) but I am hoping it will be quite popular with customers. ;oP
    The items I am hoping to have cast for engraving are 'organic', soft edged rings (around 10mmx1mm cast from Fimo masters), cast ring pendants etc. Also I wanted to offer it as an option to customers who prefer a more 'perfect' finish to stamping.
    Kxx

Hi James - Many thanks for that. I had tried to find the info on Geti but hadn't had any luck. I would want to be a bit choosy with the fonts used and not sure they can do that. Will have another wee look.

Cuttingedgejeweller.co.uk - beautiful work!!! (I googled!) ;o)

I wonder if I am being a bit unreasonable. Sadly I don't have the odd £15-20K for a laser engraver. (

Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    Hi James - Many thanks for that. I had tried to find the info on Geti but hadn't had any luck. I would want to be a bit choosy with the fonts used and not sure they can do that. Will have another wee look.

Cuttingedgejeweller.co.uk - beautiful work!!! (I googled!) ;o)

I wonder if I am being a bit unreasonable. Sadly I don't have the odd £15-20K for a laser engraver. (
    Hi Kate, it doesn't sound a problem, there are hundreds of fonts available and if we don't have a particular font, I'm sure we can find it somewhere or you could send it to us to install on our laser.

If you would like to email me on getiuk@aol.com we can discuss it further.

Alan

Alan - that sounds fantastic! I am off today but will pop you an email when I am back on deck tomorrow (it will possibly be sooner as I am really keen to see if it is something I can do- I am bubbling with ideas and only need around three different fonts but wanted them to be less traditional/common ones.)

I will pop over some pics of items I have in mind to be engraved and ideas for fonts. The email will come from dinodaisy

Thanks all for your help to all replies. I was really stumped with this and no amount of googling seemed to shed any light for me.

xxxxxxx