Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not a happy bunny.

Hi Tabby,
    Thanks for the input - it's definitely appreciated.
    I had the pendant back this morning & am relatively happy with it now (tiny little nick that definitely wasn't in the original wax, but probably only noticeable to me).
    The customer has thankfully now been quite understanding after being offered his discount.
    In the years i've been doing this, i've never had a problem that's delayed an order. I'm using a new caster & this has thrown me to say the least.

I always worry about my turn around times. Mostly because i'm purely online and have no physical contact with my customers. They also have to pay upfront, so I completely understand that it's a really big deal to expect them to hand over their money & just wait.
    Most are ok as long as I maintain phone & email contact, but i'm not sure if many would be happier with waiting longer than 6 weeks.
    Really wish there was a way around it. Just lost my day job & could do with increasing orders!

The trouble is, when you're in the hands of others, I think it's worth allowing some slack, for delays or poor delivery from suppliers, in my experience, customers are generally happy, as you say, if you keep them informed and you deliver onetime......so you agree a date, either by checking when it is required by, include some slack and deliver on time or, you say when a piece will be ready by.....I have been caught out with fast track assay, due to postal deliveries, one way or the other.....trouble is there are so many potential delays, and just how much is reasonable to include.......