Hello everyone!

I have a few questions about hallmarking, namely concerning if I can register and send my work to the UK for marking, and with a CCM stamp as well (at least for gold if I ever do that).

1) Would I as a foreigner (Sweden) be able to register for a makers mark at an assay office in the UK?
2) Assuming I can, would the assay office be able to mark it and return it to me (in Sweden), I can send it to the office, but I believe I will have a hard time enclosing a pre-stamped envelope for return.
3) Are there any spot lab costs or such things to be aware of (like extra costs if they decide they have to check your items more thoroughly or applying for a CCM stamp)?

I guess you ask: Why don't you register with a Swedish assay office?
Answer: I asked them, and their disheartening response was that in order to export (mark it with the CCM stamp) I need to register for a Swedish makers mark and they need to make a destructive test of everything I send in (so basically I need to make one item extra for every kind of item I want to stamp (and I don't plan on making mass-produced items)), and that every such destructive test would cost a lot of money.

As a hobbyist it wouldn't be worth it to send it in for hallmarking with a CCM stamp, I could hallmark it in Sweden anyway but then I wouldn't be able to sell anything in the UK if it was heavier than 7.78g.
Also, it would be nice to have a makers mark, and the UK one is cheap.
That, and the UK services are a lot better!

Oh, I know I am new at this and it might be a bit early to consider hallmarks when I have not even made a silver item yet, but I like to be prepared.

/Andreas