Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Beginner's Project Ideas

Just to remind anyone looking for tips and technique tutorials, don't forget to check out the older Cooksongold Forum postings listed under "Tutorials, Bench tips and Step by Steps"

James

As always thanks for all the great advice! I have been watching videos and doing lots of reading. But I seem to always have to learn the hard way. Like the silver twisted hammered bangle I made with thick silver wire. It was looking good, I pickled and polished it but it still didn't seem quite shiny enough, so I used 1200 grit sandpaper on it. The shine came out but in the process I sanded all the hammering marks away with the exception of a few deeper marks. I ruined it I think. I may anneal it again (though I need a new torch) and put it back on the bracelet mandrel and retexture it hopefully.
    This is just one of many mistakes I've made the last few days. ( I wonder if Sheila Fleet went through this? )
    Last edited by Sandra; 13-09-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Hi Sandra, ideally you would have used a tumbler, which is ideal for blindingly shiny on textures and wires. failing that, a soapy wet jeweller's brass brush followed bu radial disks in about three grades, brown blue and green say.

Please feel free to ask the forum because the members are full of ideas. Regards, Dennis.