Thread: AB faceted round?

Default AB faceted round?

Hi,

I don't know if anyone can help. I have a customer who needs a replacement stone in an earring, but I am having trouble finding one. The best I can describe it is 5mm faceted round, but I can only find them in white. These ones look ABish, pink, blue, bit of green. I have tried various companies and Ebay but no luck. It is looking like I may have to admit defeat.

Thank you

Yvonne

not mystic topaz? I've got a couple of pale-ish ones, I'll try and photograph one later...

could you simply replace both stones with something similar?

I would do as George suggests: the question is only what stones.

When in doubt CZs are cheap and reliable, but if you are after a softer effect with green and blue reflections, then faceted moonstone might fit the bill. My first call is always to AE WArd and Son tel. 020 7253 4036. If you phone, explain that you want a matching pair for earrings, with coloured reflections. Dennis.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Not sure what it is. Only guessing at AB crystal, that's what I have been looking for. If you can get a pic that would be good, thank you.

Someone has tried to replace it, but what they have put in is too small in the claw setting, orangey colour which makes it look dirty and totally wrong. These are quite pale. Unfortunately I am not finding it easy taking a pic of this earring, macro not close enough for small stuff.

Yvonne

Hi George and Dennis

Thank you for your replies.

There are 3 stones 2 x 5mm and 1 x 7mm in each, so not going to be able to change it. Doesn't have to be an exact match, just close, better than what is replacing it at the moment.

Yvonne

sorry Yvonne, got totally sidetracked today (was a leaving do going on and the person taking over my studio turned up so was a busy bee), AE Ward def. a good bet. Weirdly while reading this I picked up an old ring of my grandmother's - it has an amethyst in it that has gone almost exactly how you describe too