Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What torch?

Just on the question of the orca with mapp cannister - it uses a hose between the two, so you can safely clamp the cannister to the edge of a workbench with a large jubilee clip and run the hose from the top, which isn't heavy at all. It still has the slightly cumbersome feel of any hosed torch, but is much smaller and neater than the Sievert, and the balance is nicer.

Ahh, thanks George - I had imagined that the cannister fitted directly on to the torch! Hopefully I will get the chance to check one out at IJL and as my OH forgot our wedding anniversary a new torch is definitely going to be guilt free. Stubble burning and razor burn? Don't tempt me. Grrr.

If you're going to IJL, have a look and see if either Suttons or Walsh have one of these you can look at: http://www.hswalsh.com/product/roxy-torch-kit-ts120

I've been using mine for about three years now and I really like it. I only do jewellery two or three days per week, so if you're doing it full time it would work out too expensive to keep replacing the gas and oxygen bottles, but for me it's perfect. Not sure it would solder something massive though, even with the largest burner.