Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: London Shows

Yes, I am there again this year on the Sutton Tools stand E148. Not sure what new products I will be demonstrating this year but if any of you want to pop along and say Hi you are more than welcome.

Andrew
    Its finally here. The answer to your Online Jewellery Training

Just Click Below

AtTheBench Jewellery Training for Jewellers

Shiny lauren - look forward to meeting you! We're on stand i130.

Yay! I'll be there too B112. First time I've done it so it had better not disappoint ! :-)

The only thing I remember about the show when I went was how hot it was under all those lights. If I was doing it, I'd take a fan!

Andrew, I always have a potter round Sutton tools stand - I've bought a few bits of equipment from them over the past couple of years and they're always been super friendly and helpful.

Alan - I'll definitely come by and say hello!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLauren View Post
    Andrew, I always have a potter round Sutton tools stand - I've bought a few bits of equipment from them over the past couple of years and they're always been super friendly and helpful.

Alan - I'll definitely come by and say hello!
    ShinyLauren, pop by and say Hi. I will be there every day.
    Its finally here. The answer to your Online Jewellery Training

Just Click Below

AtTheBench Jewellery Training for Jewellers

I've just received my registration confirmation - now just need to decide which day to go.
    Elaine at Mead Moon
    Mead Moon
    My Etsy shop

There was a slight change of plan on my side about the show. Initially I asked my daughter if she wanted to come with me and she said no because she was going to the Assay Office one in October at Goldsmith Hall. Husband was coming with me instead, (I dont fancy wandering around London on my own for starters especially as not good at directions), so waited for the confirmation and mine duly arrived, then hubby said if she wanted daughter could use his ticket and he will dog sit instead. As the ticket was already registered, and the train ticket too, she accepted, but the IJS couldnt change hubbys name for hers, so she had to register separately and asked her boyfriend if he wants to come too as he also makes jewellery so we wait in anticipation for his registration documents to come so we can arrange train tickets for him,all the while the train tickets are going up in leaps and bounds, gone up £20 since me getting ours a week ago. If everything goes according to plan we are going up on Sunday.

The story doesnt end there. My daughter booked her boyfriends train ticket with her phone app on the Thursday before the Sunday that we were due to travel, the money came out of her bank account and all she was told she had to do was appear at the station and use the machine to convert the number she was given into tickets. Luckily we got to the station half an hour before the train was due, so she went to the machine, typed in the ticket number - nothing, tried again, still nothing. So she went to the desk to ask for her ticket, they hadnt got a record of it on their system. She was able to log into her bank account on her phone and was able to show the woman behind the desk the transaction on her bank statement, so she could see that it was honest and above board. So £75 worse off, because she had to buy another ticket, or at least her boyfriend did, not a good start to a day. I suppose she will get refunded eventually but what is the point of having an app if it doesnt work.

Oh my goodness...what a saga!!! Hope you found it worth it in the end though! If it's any consolation it took me 25 minutes to get offsite because of over enthusiastic security guards who wouldn't let me get to my car "for security reasons" !! grrrrrrrrr