Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Website Payments.

Hi Lydia, Thank you sooo much for remembering about this. You've made my day

Did you have to jump through hoops for your application to be accepted?

Not at all, the chip and pin machine was slower than I expected which was why I didn't post sooner, but no issues at all. I've tested the chip and pin and that's been all fine too. You can choose to send an sms or email receipt - it's all seems very straightforward. If you do fancy trying it, drop me a message and I'll give you the referral code as the £20 off the chip and pin handset is on until the end of October I believe.
    I really won't give it a true smashing until 29th! I do like that it lets you log cash sales too (obv it doesn't charge you a percentage on those) but I imagine will be handy to keep track on a stall day. I'm a sceptic though, so naturally waiting to find out something pants (but haven't yet!)

forgot to update this, but is has paid for itself many times over already. For offline payments, you can send customers a link so they can enter all their details securely, without you seeing their card info (have used this for custom work mostly), and it has definitely made a difference to sales at events. If anyone does want the referral code, it's FR372191

I am really happy this has worked out well. I have recently had an increase in clients making online transfer via their mobile, which is immediate and saves me waiting for the transfer to take place. Also at events it works well; a lot of people have online network as part of their mobile subscription so even outside payments are easier.
    Poor old Les

Without going back over 5 pages I'd just like to heads-up this thread to all those who poo-poo credit card handling facilities and say that paypal and cash is enough. It isn't.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Thank you so much for remembering about this. I'll definitely be going ahead as soon as I get a new mobile.
    Only having Paypal has been causing problems for some time now. It puts so many customers off (& that's just the ones that have been in contact, never mind the ones who spot it on the website & don't even get in touch)!

Do you know how I use the referral code or if there is a deadline to use it by? Thanks again

no problem! Think it's until the end of November at least. When you fill in the application form, (at the www.worldpayzinc.com site), there is a bit that says 'do you have a referral code, I believe on page 5, and you pop it in there. To reiterate, they don't charge you until the 18th of the next full month for the chip and pin and any sales percentages.
    :-)