Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Website Payments.

£20 is a lot - that's my problem. Busy looking through to see if I can cut our outgoings somewhere else

I've got to say noone has ever complained re paypal payments to me so far (it's all my site can take), for commissions people usually pay me by bank transfer.
    I veer between wanting a 'proper job' again (usually when studio rent is due or when the Mr is too ill for me to go to work!) and loving that this is what I get to do.

You'll find the increase in takings more than makes up for the monthly fee.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Hi guys, Thanks for the input.
    LydiaNZ - I guess my problem with this has been that I don't actually have a physical studio that people can visit and have no physical shop presence. I know this would probably help me, but i'm not sure how to approach "shops".
    Being purely online seems to make some customers uncomfortable as it is, especially when their handing over £600!! I was thinking that taking other online payment methods would help.

Pearlescence - My only worry with this, is paying out another £20 per month and customers still not actually "finding me". Do you have any words of wisdom regarding this?

Thanks again. xx

I think that you have to become a bit of an online flasher, ready to open your coat and show off what you've got, at every possible opportunity. Blog, facebook page, twitter. Think of where your customers might be and go there (either electronically or physically) It's the same for all marketing really and if marketing was easy I would not periodically tear my hair out and big chains of shops would not fail.
    What sort of stuff do you make?
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Hey, Thanks for the advice I make fingerprint jewellery (everyone rolls their eyes in unison but in sterling and 9ct gold mostly, not PMC, so I suppose that's my niche.

At the moment, i'm working on simplifying my site (thanks to lots of lovely advice from Medusa) and i'm saving up to have everything re-photographed by the guy at Ward's, as I know my attempts with my Kodak & photoshop are pretty terrible and not doing me any favours.

After that I have to get my head down and concentrate on my social networking a lot more.
    I get work...... just not enough, so need to do something else - possibly have a serious price review. I'm using a pretty standard pricing formula, but think I might have to come up with another way of working prices out!

No, I don't sell from my studio, I just work there (I rent the smallest house in the world and there is nowhere I could safely work here).
    I'd be interested in worldpay's fees, and also if anyone has any experience with elavon or iZettle for card payments

have now applied for worldpay zinc (means a phone upgrade, but no biggie), means can take over the phone payments too, so will see if it helps...

Wow!!! How on earth did you stumble across this? I spoke with worldpay & they didn't mention any plan with no monthly charges!
    Was the application process long or very involved?

Thank you sooo much - You've made my day

I've got the older system from them, almost identical in behaviour - now that they've gone for Zinc, I'm going to have a chip & pin reader that's obsolete.