Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: August/September Themed Competition 2013

Default August/September Themed Competition 2013

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all of your stunning tropical inspired entries for our July competition, the winner has been announced on the July competition thread!

Our themed competition is back and better than ever! This month we’ve decided to combine our August and September themes into one big competition, in which there are two themes – fire and fall!

Please post your themed pieces within this thread with a little bit about the design and the winners will be revealed at the end of the month! There will be two winners – one for the fire category and one for the fall category. Both will win a £100 shopping spree with Cooksongold.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

A few legalities...

Terms & conditions

No purchase necessary. The closing date for the competition will be 30.09.2013. The two winners will win a £100 inc. VAT shopping spree at Cooksongold

The judging process will take place on 16.10.2013. The Cooksongold Judging Panel will make the final decision. The winner will be announced by 23/10 on this thread.

The Competition is open to all Cooksongold customers aged 18 years and over.

Only one entry per category per person.

There is no cash alternative. Cooksongold reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The winner will be notified on the forum within this thread by 23.10.2013. The winner's name and county will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: The Competition Secretary, Marketing Department Cooksongold, 59-83 Vittoria Street. Birmingham B1 3NZ.

Employees of Cooksongold, their agents and families are excluded from the competition together with any person connected to the competition.

Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of the rules. The winner agrees to participate in any publicity in connection with the competition.

To enter the competition, simply publish your design/comment within this thread.

No correspondence will be entered into. The judging panel's decision is final. The promoter is Cooksongold.
    Last edited by Jenny M; 17-10-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Here's my Fire entry (Hope these are not massive pics :-S)
    Acrylic and sterling silver brooch.
    ..and a picture of how it is currently displayed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	5008Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	5009

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Brilliant Lydia - that is a very clever use of a drusy and a very safe match too!

thank you - no drusy though, it's glittery acrylic. I've never used it before so was interested in how it was to cut etc. Couldn't make my mind up between the orange and red, so ending up using both.

Can I check what you mean by 'fall'. Would it be safe to assume you're thinking about Autumn, rather than tripping over paving stones covered in wet leaves?

Hello George - yes you are correct! We would love to see all of your Autumn-inspired designs!
    Jenny

Loving that match design. Very clever.

thank you! I've not played with acrylic before. Got to finish moving into my new studio today then I can do some more!

I like the match, I've always wanted to play around with acrylic.