Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wow, So stuff made in the far east can be assayed there with UK hallmarks?

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Wales View Post
    Can you give us some more details about the tests, Steve. Costs etc. All my jewellery is made using wire/sheet/findings/solder from Cooksons. I hope I'm right in assuming that they're within the EU rules. I'll also check with my casting firm.
    Anna Wales, you're welcome to call our main switchboard and ask to be put through the lab - they will be very happy to give you all the details, times, costs etc. 0207 606 8971

I'd also suspect over-excited TS officers - there's a lot of it about. They are very fond of 'gold-plating' the law (no puns at all). Nearly all of the nonsense European Union stories are caused by over-zealous civil servants and local government bods gold plating (remember the Euro-sausage?)Very often their job is justified only by prosecutions or threats of prosecution or enforcement (of laws whcih don't actually exist as they have insisted and which would be thrown out in court)
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Yeah it's a shame as 99.9% of TS officers are really very good at what they do. We work very closely with them so know from first hand how they work. You just need one rogue and it gives them all a bad name. After all, they are there to protect us all from dodgy dealers and for the most part that's what they do so well!