Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foredom Motor adjustment.

Default Foredom Motor adjustment.

Has anyone ever had to adjust the collet on a Foredom Quick release hand piece. I have read instructions both on the Foredom site and the paper that came with it and haven't been able to get it to adjust tighter. If you give a burr a bit of a tug, it comes out. Surely this shouldn't happen, for one it could be dangerous if one came out while it was working. I would just be interested if anyone has the same problem and how to solve it.

I can't really help Pat but I did have this problem with a particular radial disc in the Foredom and found that it was actually the shaft of the disc and not the hand piece. It's fine with all the others.

I don't have one Pat but also wonder if the shaft of the drill is in straight. I've sometimes had a problem with my Proxxon bench drill not seeming to tighten up properly and its because I haven't managed to put the drill in straight

Well my daughter has one as well and hers is tight. It must be able to be adjusted but not sure where to send it to be sorted out, not being very good at things like that, I wouldnt dare take it apart. I dont think its the shaft as when I use it with a burr that is a bit tighter it runs straight. I have another handpiece, one that tightens up with a chuck key, so i am not without, but its a nuisance having to keep using a key to change burrs.
    Last edited by Patstone; 05-09-2014 at 05:48 PM.

The last time this was asked Pat a year ago, I phoned Sutton Tools and they said they would do it.

http://www.suttontools.co.uk/

I have emailed Suttons to ask if the offer is still open. Thanks for your help Dennis. I just wondered if it is possible to adjust it yourself but although I followed Andrews video, nothing seemed to loosen, if I knew what it looked like inside it may help, but scared to take it apart in case I cant put it back together again.

Yes Pat, I don't have a Foredom but handpieces can be troublesome to put together again if you don't know how.

If the answer from Sutton is negative, then I would try Milnes Bros, who recondition and repair motors and handpieces for dental technicians and jewellers too.

For the record it would be interesting to know how you get on. regards, Dennis.

http://www.milnesbros.com/page7.htm

If this is the handpiece you are talking about, I can show you exactly how to do it with photo's.
    Attachment 6553
    Ol' bright eyes here kept on forgetting how the thing goes together, so I put a bunch of pictures in a folder for myself.......
    I forget now, but I think I was told it's something to do with age

Yes, yes that's the one.

OK, hang in there.
    Tomorrow is Sunday, so I'll do a post on my blog showing the whole thing.
    Then I'll link it.
    Hans