Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: http://craftjewelleryphotography.co.uk/

Yes of course. Its www.iscasilver.co.uk Its taken with a Samsung S2.
    Last edited by Patstone; 14-07-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Hi mizgeorge. Thanks for the advice. The stands look great, I've not seen anything like it before! (I used an upturned frosted bin covered in tin foil last time ) I need to photograph on plain white & Really close up. Think maybe the camera is the answer. Will have to ask nicely me thinks

Thank you Patstone Think I'll have to ask my husband if I can steal his phone for a bit.

Lucie, I've really struggled to get a white background to be properly white, but have found that underlighting helps - I have something like this http://www.tabletopstudio.co.uk/Page...8%20x%2012.htm which I played with a while ago, but it's not super-bright and I've not had time to give it another go.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLauren View Post
    Lucie, I've really struggled to get a white background to be properly white, but have found that underlighting helps - I have something like this http://www.tabletopstudio.co.uk/Page...8%20x%2012.htm which I played with a while ago, but it's not super-bright and I've not had time to give it another go.
    To be fair, putting glass on an illuminated panel, makes it very attractive, but putting silver on it will cause it to be under-exposed. I have under lighting available and have always had better results with it turned off. Dennis.

I was trying to add other lights around a lightbox to even out the exposure of the silver, but it is definitely a tricky one!

Some light cubes have white fronts with a hole you can poke your camera through, but you can also make a hole in white or silver card and reflect light back with that for subtle front lighting.

I feel I have come to a dead end with my experiments at present and am thinking of borrowing a better lens from a camera shop for a week end. The devil is there is always someone getting it righter.

Thanks very much for the information Dennis & Lauren. I manufactured my "cloud box" with a hole to pop my camera through, but just couldn't get the white "uniform". I ended up putting them on a darker background and cutting them out, but all my images now look horribly photo-shopped!

Did you use the table top studio for the photographs on your website Lauren?

Yes, I've used the tabletop studio, with extra waving of bits of white/silver/black card as needed, as also suggested by Dennis.

You need more hands for photography!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baroque tanzanite ear studs 4.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	4936 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silver tiny raincloud earrings-2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	4937

These were my last attempts at white background with under lighting. I prefer using textures/props in a background as I don't personally like the plain white floating in space background, but need to learn to do that as it's what all websites seem to request. Boooo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Silver amethyst baroque earrings 3.jpg  
    Last edited by ShinyLauren; 16-07-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Wow, thanks Lauren, these look great!! I must admit, i've got to try to master the "floating in space" look, but the table top studio gives the best results i've seen

I've been approached by a few publications for advertising space on the proviso that I have "proper photographs" taken. It seems like this is an expectation & it's definitely causing me to lose work Thank you very much for the help - I need to get this sorted asap.