Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pendant Motor Reviews

Might be worth phoning walshes hatton garden to see if they have any left if you are making a special trip and they don't it would be disappointing as hatton gardens is londons jewellery quarter i'm sure there will be other tool suppliers there, must admit it is difficult to pin down a list of suppliers in either birmingham or london as web information seems to be directed towards people wanting to buy ready made jewellery. Hmmmmmm maybe a call to the london school of jewellery would be beneficial? they must be able to direct students to suppliers. Good luck
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED

There are a number of tool suppliers in Birmingham, some you need to open a trade account with and some also offer student or membership of organisation discounts (such as GOJD, ACJ, BJA), in terms of suppliers in Birmingham, (off the top of my head), there are....Cookies (obviously), Betts, Suttons, Walshes, Euromounts & Findings,.....I am sure many of them will be very helpful!!

Thanks for the recommendations, I will make a few calls today.

Eve x

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SECO-PENDA...item1e85263dec dunno if this will help anyone? it's not me i just saw it.
    Tasha
    X

When they say 'you need to buy a collet to fit', do they mean a whole handpiece?

No idea Dennis, my guess would be they mean a collet nut which wouldn't be hard, there's a message thingy to ask the buyer questions though so that might be a good thing to ask, like i said i was browising and came across it don't know the person selling it
    Tasha
    X

I'm pretty sure Walsh don't sell the Foredom pendant drills.

I started off with Dremel flex shaft, moved on to cheapy Axminster pendant drill (served me well for two years and is still happily whizzing away - am keeping it as a spare for when I eventually get my garden workshop) then got a Foredom SR with No.30 handpiece and also a different handpiece with a bigger collet. Really liking the Foredom, it's way smoother and quieter than the Axminster, and I also bought a drill press attachment to go with it, which is bloody marvellous!

It looks like I'm getting myself one for my birthday (turn 40 at the start of next month, so something good may as well come out of it.)
    I am really wondering what the Dremel fortiflex is like (I am soppy for my current old dremel) and have seen it for £240, or should I go for this foredom kit One of my bugbears is changing accessories quickly, and I love my multichuck on my current dremel, otherwise I'm easy. Ohhhh decisions. I've re-read back and seen Cousins may not be number one choice...
    Last edited by LydiaNiz; 08-01-2014 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    It looks like I'm getting myself one for my birthday (turn 40 at the start of next month, so something good may as well come out of it.)
    I am really wondering what the Dremel fortiflex is like (I am soppy for my current old dremel) and have seen it for £240, or should I go for this foredom kit One of my bugbears is changing accessories quickly, and I love my multichuck on my current dremel, otherwise I'm easy. Ohhhh decisions. I've re-read back and seen Cousins may not be number one choice...
    If you can wrangle it as it's your 40th go for a milbro, honestly it was like playing an instrument from heaven, i saw the dremel and the footpedal etc looked so cheap and undependable. Definately go and try them out if you can or at least see them in the flesh i am so glad i did i feel like my bargain buy was a throughbred right from the off, compared to others i saw inc the foredom. I would not trust the other c company (not you cookies) they have recently withdrawn from actual showrooms to an online presence only and in a short visit to the jewellery hub of brum i heard horror stories about them from a fair few different sources. As this is a mchine which will be worn down into the ground i would really recommend buying from a place that makes you feeel really comfortable about purchasing from them.
    Happy birthday in advance i'm not far behind you hun lol xxxx
    Tasha
    X

Don't think pennies will go as far as a Milbro sadly. Where would folks recommend purchasing a foredom from please? Want to avoid any nightmares! :-)