Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Packaging material query.

Default Packaging material query.

Hi there. I received a couple of bottles of 'hazardous' stuff from you recently. They came packaged very well but I now have a box of some stuff that looking like Vermiculite that I don't know what to do with.

Can I use it with my pot-plants, compost it or have you really sent me a box of stuff to go to landfill?

I was wondering about that stuff too Pru. Mine just went into the rubbish bin.

Still wondering. As Cooksons is promoting 'eco-metals' a logical approach seems to me to have eco-packaging too.
    Maybe I'm just naive but at least I'm hopeful!

I try to recycle as much as I can, and have not been happy with the fact that their current design of grip seal poly bags, which I seem to end up with dozens of on every order, are currently emblazened with their company details etc, making their re-use limited.
    Am seriously considering taking a load back to them next time I an there.

I entirely agree about the bags. We all have the Cooksons details on the labels so it's a waste of money to make things less useable.

Lose / lose?

No reply then Customer Service???

I just need to know how to dispose of this unknown material responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by t1ggerk1ns View Post
    I try to recycle as much as I can, and have not been happy with the fact that their current design of grip seal poly bags, which I seem to end up with dozens of on every order, are currently emblazened with their company details etc, making their re-use limited.
    Am seriously considering taking a load back to them next time I an there.
    So agree on this one - we've also lost the write on strips (which made it easy to identify the contents with big writing) in the process.

I'd also add a plea to stop folding the bags and putting the sticky label over the edge. Removing it almost inevitably destroys the label, which is sometimes the only way of telling different types of wire (for example) apart.

I find it really baffling that Cookson's customer service won't reply to this thread. Not even an anodyne comment . . . for four weeks!!

Please accept our apologies, I don't know how or why we missed this thread (Gremlins? Pimms?)

The mysterious packaging material is indeed vermiculite and was introduced at the recommendation of our couriers to absorb potential spills and leaks. We are told by our supplier that it can indeed be used as part of potting compost for plants. I shall follow up your polybag comments, once I have an answer tomorrow

Regards

Rob

Many thanks Rob! I'm glad I didn't chuck it out now!

. . and you can get back to the Pimms now