Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Packaging material query.

With regards to our polybags, we took the opportunity recently to brand them Cookson, I appreciate you probably don't want to reuse them with our name on them but it is part of our marketing strategy to promote our brand. The current bags can be recycled but aren't made from recycled plastic so we're negotiating that with our supplier currently. We do take on board you would like the return of the write-on white strip and we can do that at the next revision (haven't got a date yet, sorry). I've passed on your comments about the sticky labels to our logistics manager.

regards

Rob

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Thanks for the info Rob.

Could I ask that in general, you cut down on the use of poly bags? As Cookies is promoting a recycling policy (eco silver comes to mind) it would be good if more recycled materials could be used, where possible. I really don't mind less poly bags. I have so many of them from over the years. The amount is almost excessive; for example one drill it gets one bag, because the label needs to go on it. Smaller peelable labels would be good.... Whilst you are looking at things.

Only my opinion, I know, but overtime; the reduction in cost of posting out will surely make a difference. Could recycled paper bags be used? We have a facility for recycling paper, the government targets support the recycling and of course attracts potential areas of added value to an award winning company.
    Last edited by Wallace; 08-08-2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: corrected typos

Thanks for the feedback, I agree with your statements and we will try to implement as much as possible

Rob

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Taylor View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, I agree with your statements and we will try to implement as much as possible

Rob
    thank you Rob,

look forward to the changes.

Thanks for taking this on board Rob.

I don't get the marketing strategy reason for spending money on printing bags. Surely by definition you only get a printed bag if you bought things from Cooksons so you probably have the contact info. And quite possibly when re-using bags most of us do not want to pass on to customers which suppliers we use. It seems to me like the marketing dept have gone a bit OTT and are happy to overrule the makers' need to see through and re-use the bag. Why not save the money and give it to a charity if you have plenty to spare for such silly extras?

I agree that minimising plastic bags is a good thing - or maybe visit the plastic island in the Pacific for re-education!!

Biodegradable or at least recyclable bags should have been the norm LONG ago.

Low tac labels would be brilliant. I'd even cope with you sticking over the 'zipper' end if I could get the stupid things off and thereby have the info whilst I need it and a re-usable bag after that.

Basically all this seems to point to a lack of policy on use of eco-friendly products, barring your much-publicised eco metals. Come on Cooksons - this isn't good enough these days. It does seem to me that the eco metals were only as a result of your customers pushing you into it. Now I for one would like you to implement eco-friendly policies to all your packaging and through as many of your products as is possible.

You know it makes sense!

Last time I ordered some black knife edge abrasive wheels complete with correct label, inside the bag were pink flat edge..how about that :what:

I'm sorry about that, clearly human error on our part, did it get sorted to your satisfaction?

Rob

To be honest I couldn't be bothered to waste time over it, these things happen I guess.

Hi thanks for the response, we didn't pay extra for the printing so it was something we took the opportunity to do (we weren't offered a discount as an alternative, so it's not money we can free up).

As previously mentioned our bags are recyclable and have been for years, our next move is to recycled plastic.

It's a good idea about low tack labels and I'll pass that onto our buyers

With regards to our eco-policy, we are on a journey here to improve our footprint and the impact we have on our environment. This process includes energy efficiency and waste recycling in addition to the products and consumables we sell.

We continue to strive to be greener and I do genuinely feel we are aiming at the same goals.

rgds Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Gemsetterchris View Post
    To be honest I couldn't be bothered to waste time over it, these things happen I guess.
    Thanks for your understanding, I've sent you an email

rgds Rob