Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Customer service - how not to do it

I've toyed with ordering from this company numerous times, but always been put off by feedback like in the present thread.

I've just stumbled across the following feature about the company's MD. The camo trousers and accompanying automatic weaponry might just be an idiosyncratic fashion statement. On the other hand, they might be seen as an instinctive choice for someone who was aware that there might be considerable numbers of people out there potentially harbouring less than charitable feelings towards him.

I have no problem with camouflage trousers or Maxims (at least, I *think* it's a Maxim). In the right context.

That is not.

Peter, it doesn't say in the thread what the outcome was...?
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Never trust a man in pointy shoes

Can't say he's to be praised on his style let alone his business practices. Surely that isn't fashionable with a shirt, tie and jacket let alone the shoes or am I out of touch up here in rural Scotland? !!

Is it legal to own that gun?

It is probably decommissioned and the bullets are likely all just empty casings - otherwise it would only be legal to have even the bullets out of a gun-safe while the licence holder was present which would be a pain in the Rs to take down /set up every time you left / re-entered the room (and to hold that calibre in belt feed you would need to be military).

Basically it is all for show, or BS if you prefer, which might be fitting given this thread.

Seems a bazaar choice of image/self presentation to me.......completely out of context with the article.

And as for the mix of clothing choice and shoes????

Quote Originally Posted by metalsmith View Post
    (and to hold that calibre in belt feed you would need to be military).
    Are you sure? The belts are nothing more than canvas and aren't subject to firearms legislation; the calibre (if it is a Maxim) is .303, which is relatively common...
    But yes, almost certainly a deactivated firearm. To run a live one would require a section 5 FAC IIRC, and they aren't easy to come by.

If it is 303 then 'fair do', however, it still wouldn't be legal to leave it dangling in the breeze ... of course I wasn't referring to the canvas