Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: July Themed Competition 2013

Well, at least I finally have an answer to my question about whether he was the same Tom McDowell who designs happy meal toys.
    I do find it very disappointing that we have members who only contribute as far as trying to win the competition, I'd be much happier to see some engagement with the forum along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    I agree george, I did send a PM to the new competition organiser with a few questions about the entry rules but didn't get an answer. On checking the competition rules it states that there will be no consultation about the competitions. So I don't expect an answer.
    Did you see this article on the Cookson blog; http://www.cooksongold.com/blog/desi...h-tom-mcdowell. I only found it when I Googled his name.

James
    Hear Hear!!

..............am I being thick, or does the same logo appear at the top of Tom's blog site as at the top of all cookies pages.....Heimerle & Meule Group????????

I think it was one of their designer spotlight blog posts. Sadly, Cooksons seem to think very little of the incredible resource and wealth of information they have in this forum and prefer to draw participants from their facebook page, which along with the blog seems to be very strongly targeted towards the hobby / craft market. I suspect this is also where a lot of competition entries originate. Obviously there are exceptions
    Last edited by mizgeorge; 22-08-2013 at 10:52 PM.

He's probably just really busy and hasn't had a chance to pop on the forums yet. I'm not as active as I'd like to be either, normally I only get a chance to have a quick scroll through "what's new" without even logging in.
    Sian Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    Hear Hear!!

..............am I being thick, or does the same logo appear at the top of Tom's blog site as at the top of all cookies pages.....Heimerle & Meule Group????????

Hi Tabby66,

The article you mention is on the Cooksongold blog, hence why our new logo appears.

Tom did contribute to our blog on Monday, December 5th, 2011. We value all guest blog contributions and if anybody here would like to submit a blog article please email me on annmarie.robinson@cooksongold.com. We would love to know a little bit more about our forum memebers work, designs, hints n' tips and best practices.

Kind Regards

Ann Marie Robinson

Default Cooksongold Blog Contribution

Hi all,

The Cooksongold blog is viewed by 2,500 jewellers per week. Our audience is a mix of professionals, retailers, jewellery students and designer makers along with those just starting out.

We try to post a mix of trend watches, projects, designer profiles, how to guides, hints n' tips and jewellers bench best practices.

Articles are typically around 500 words long and often include designers own photography.

We are regularly approached by designers who want to share their experiences and latest projects, and we're really happy to get this and share their knowledge.

We would love some of forum members to feature on our blog and if you're interested please drop us an email to annmarie.robinson@cooksongold.com. It would be great if you can give us an idea of what you would like to write about, alongside with your contact number, email address. If you want to discuss it further, I will be more happy to chat to you!

Kind Regards

Ann Marie Robinson

Thank you so much and thank for for the kind comments! =D
    I do intend to be more active on these forums as I believe it is a great way of sharing advice, tips and designs from makers of all levels. I've just been really snowed under lately with my newly born son, moving house and working 2 jobs, but hopefully when things settle down I'll be able to post more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom McDowell View Post
    Thank you so much and thank for for the kind comments! =D
    I do intend to be more active on these forums as I believe it is a great way of sharing advice, tips and designs from makers of all levels. I've just been really snowed under lately with my newly born son, moving house and working 2 jobs, but hopefully when things settle down I'll be able to post more.
    Congratulations on the birth of your son!!! Look forward to seeing more of your work and comments on here in the future!

Lorraine