Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luxi water soluble?

Similarly disappointed with Magic Boric..... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    MEK works very well Peter, not too unpleasant to work with and air dries very quickly (usual no confined spaces stuff), IPA is less harsh but sometimes leaves tiny smears.
    I use MEK on focal lens's on the Galvo laser where even the tiniest speck can mess things up and crack a lens.(even impurities in the air can be enough to land on the lens and kill it)
    Actually, I don't think I've got any MEK around any more! I've become much more cautious about using VOCs over the years, no longer wiping my hands off with acetone, that kind of thing
    IPA is my usual basic degreaser - I use quite a bit in cleaning metal for mokume (used a quick dip in phosphoric as a final surface prep for the latest billet, seemed to give a good result).

no longer wiping my hands off with acetone,
    I cleaned a Gallium Arsenide lens with acetone, £1,500 and a new lens later I won't be making the same mistake again

If you ever need MEK I have drums of the stuff kicking around and can drop it off on the way past

best wishes

Dave

Cheers for that - I might take you up on the offer. Probably don't quite need a drum yet though!

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    I cleaned a Gallium Arsenide lens with acetone, £1,500 and a new lens later I won't be making the same mistake again

If you ever need MEK I have drums of the stuff kicking around and can drop it off on the way past

best wishes

Dave
    If you are ever near my part of Wiltshire?

If anyone is still interested in Menzerna, this place sells it.

http://www.thepolishingshop.co.uk/ac...or_metals.html

it cost less than Suttons for 2 x as much!

Thanks Liz - I see they do the sample sizes too.

The polishing shop is great & also REALLY helpful with advice. I'm particularly fond of their Yellow P175 compound for finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    The polishing shop is great & also REALLY helpful with advice. I'm particularly fond of their Yellow P175 compound for finishing.
    Well now I actually have a bench for my bench polishers, I went and got all three for silver including the tripoli. Damn customers want mirror finish, I'll give them it!