Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just out of interest

Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    As Dennis says, no. I like to see where I am piercing without any obstructions. I always draw my design on the metal surface and outline the design with a graver before piercing.

James

Attachment 4813Attachment 4814Attachment 4812
    as a mini hijack, James, Do you recall saying you were going to do a tutorial on how you 'draw' with a saw for piercing? I'd love to read it!

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    as a mini hijack, James, Do you recall saying you were going to do a tutorial on how you 'draw' with a saw for piercing? I'd love to read it!
    My memory is bad these days, I have tried to explain my saw piercing methods when answering various postings about piercing, but I find that photos or even a video would show things clearer, my problem is that I cannot pierce and take photos at the same time, I have been asked to make a video showing me piercing but I have not got round to it yet, but it is still planned for the future. I am trying to write a book of the traditional workshop techniques taught to me during my career, but it is slow going with all else that is going on in my life.
    James

Oh James, I suppose you could start by compiling all the informative posts you have made on here. That would be almost a book in itself.

But I do fully understand the time pressures!

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    My memory is bad these days, I have tried to explain my saw piercing methods when answering various postings about piercing, but I find that photos or even a video would show things clearer, my problem is that I cannot pierce and take photos at the same time, I have been asked to make a video showing me piercing but I have not got round to it yet, but it is still planned for the future. I am trying to write a book of the traditional workshop techniques taught to me during my career, but it is slow going with all else that is going on in my life.
    James
    You need to get some help... I leave my day job soon....

Well done, you will feel under a lot less pressure. I take it you mean by that statement that you mean that you will be making jewellery more and teaching, not doing nightly pursuits. Lol X