Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hallmarking AGAIN!

hahahahahahaha The goods need to be checked against the hallnote, and weighed to confirm the total weight of the goods are the same as when they arrived. This is another of our many security checks to make sure everything is there and nothing is missing. Goods then repacked, addressed and reweighed with all the original packaging again to ensure the weights correspond to the original weight when the goods arrived as a final check before they go out to the post. What a fiddly job!! You wouldn't want the job Medusa .

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLAO View Post
    hahahahahahaha The goods need to be checked against the hallnote, and weighed to confirm the total weight of the goods are the same as when they arrived. This is another of our many security checks to make sure everything is there and nothing is missing. Goods then repacked, addressed and reweighed with all the original packaging again to ensure the weights correspond to the original weight when the goods arrived as a final check before they go out to the post. What a fiddly job!! You wouldn't want the job Medusa .
    Well, given the very tidy and neat job, I am happy with the result...and would like to ask for some help with birthday and Christmas pressie wrapping too . Really, really cannot fault LAO, wish I had gone years ago!

Thank you Wallace, that's very kind of you to say so. Present wrapping masterclasses to follow later in the year LOL

With my hallmarking office, we have the chance to purchase 15.00 Euro, a hardened solid plastic box with foam padding inside. This provides a secure box that secures the jewellery inside when the lid is closed, it is sealed for transportation, easy to unpack and repack, reducing costs. I actually never post to my assay office I have two boxes and take and pickup every Friday. Everything being barcoded, it makes it easier for me and my assay office.
    Les
    Poor old Les

That is a good idea, in fact if they did different sized ones perhaps three, one small, one medium, and one large it would cover everyones needs and also help the customer by having something secure to post the items in.

Quote Originally Posted by art925 View Post
    With my hallmarking office, we have the chance to purchase 15.00 Euro, a hardened solid plastic box with foam padding inside. This provides a secure box that secures the jewellery inside when the lid is closed, it is sealed for transportation, easy to unpack and repack, reducing costs. I actually never post to my assay office I have two boxes and take and pickup every Friday. Everything being barcoded, it makes it easier for me and my assay office.
    Les
    Last edited by Patstone; 13-06-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Well funny you should say that.......Last year we trialed exactly that. Plastic corrugated boxes with foam inserts in three different sizes. The concept was if we could get all our customers to use them then it would make our life very easy in terms of packet handling and marking and the customer's life easier as they wouldn't have to scratch around for an old tobacco tin to send in their goods nor would they be charged handling. We sent them out to do a field trial with a number of our customers both big and small and the major problem we came across was the foam inserts! No matter what variations we used we couldn't satisfy everyone! Essentially, they worked well if all you made were rigid items such as rings or bangles. Flexible items such as chain or earrings were a nightmare as they all ended up in a ball in the corner of the box as there was no effective way of keeping them in place during postal transit. I notice from "925" that his goods are hand delivered and collected, which may be fine, but for goods sent in the post, whichever way we trialled them, they didn't work well, so we never took it further. If anyone is in London and passing by the office, if they come in and ask for me, I'd happily let them have a box to try out free of charge, as we had to have a minimum order of "quite a few" (you can imagine the quantities involved I'm sure!) and we still have some left over.

Out of interest Steve, what's the current turnaround time on packets?

Well funny you should say that.......! Essentially, they worked well if all you made were rigid items such as rings or bangles. Flexible items such as chain or earrings were a nightmare as they all ended up in a ball in the corner of the box as there was no effective way of keeping them in place during postal transit. I notice from "925" that his goods are hand delivered and collected, which may be fine, but for goods sent in the post, whichever way we trialled them, they didn't work well, so we never took it further. If anyone is in London and passing by the office, if they come in and ask for me, I'd happily let them have a box to try out free of charge, as we had to have a minimum order of "quite a few" (you can imagine the quantities involved I'm sure!) and we still have some left over.
    Mine has that egg crate packing foam that interlocks top and bottom, no matter how much I shake it (as if the postal service), everything stays in it's original place.
    Poor old Les

Well Steve I am in Devon but I would love one. I can never find anything to put my stuff in apart from a Chinese takeaway box and quite often that is too large. The interlocking eggbox type foam is a good idea, I can probably find a bit of that lying around somewhere, for my stuff a small one would probably be big enough, if you give me the sizes I will send the money for posting it to me as a trial run.

Same as Pat says Steve. I would be more than happy to buy a box/boxes and try it.