Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is your major insperation?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohn View Post
    I stumbled upon this guy on flickr and have to say that his work to me is utterly amazing, clean lines, very minimalist, perfectly finished with amazing flush setting skills.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris-parry/

If I ever got to his stage of the game I would be more than proud of myself.

(Maybe in 10 years)
    Just had a quick scan thought his stuff... Very nice, I especially like the 2" Celtic leaf shaped piece he did for a young lady

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    I have always loved Lalique and Art Nouveau generally...and now I have looked at Harper's more recent stuff - I still find him amazing!!
    I'm not a huge fan of Art Nouveau but some of the pieces on those sites are very stunning.
    Goodbye

I am a huge fan of anything Art Nouveau too Barbara. Just take a look at this...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Loetz-pewtermount-large.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Lindyloo View Post
    I am a huge fan of anything Art Nouveau too Barbara. Just take a look at this...
    Absolutely Stunning!
    Di x

Crumbs - you lot put me to shame! I have to admit that I have not really done much research jewellery wise for years. Most of my recent stuff has been for ceramicists and sculptors (for my HND 3D Design)...Then I remembered we had to do a research project to compare a modern and old jeweller for my CENTRA Silversmithing way back in 1995!! I did Rene Lalique for the 'old' and William Harper for the 'modern'. We then had to design and produce a piece of jewellery that had been informed by our research...

These are links to examples of work by the 2 gentlemen... I have always loved Lalique and Art Nouveau generally...and now I have looked at Harper's more recent stuff - I still find him amazing!!

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...och-by-Lalique

http://www.wexlergallery.com/artists...per/index1.php

And this was my response to their work....I haven't looked at these piccies for ages...I didn't do half bad all things considered. The finished piece was an enamelled copper dome set in a sterling silver design with a hanging 'baroque' pearl...(well freshwater really!) and a twisted square wire pin The brass one was an experimental piece.

Attachment 93

While looking out that photo I came across this one - which was a pendant I made at the end of the first year 1994 - I was surprised to see the twisted chain as I don't remember doing that!! Funny how it has re emerged and become a feature of my current chains!!

Attachment 92
    Gawd, Barbara, you don't 'alf hide your light under a bushel. These are brilliant!
    Di x

Quote Originally Posted by CyberPaddy66 View Post

I'm not a huge fan of Art Nouveau but some of the pieces on those sites are very stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    Absolutely Stunning!

Hi Guys...It is so funny how Art Nouveau, seems to be a gender specific art from. We had no end of discussions about it at college...
    In fact I might just pop it on as a new thread....although the forum is rather woman heavy.... (perhaps not the best turn of phrase but you know what I mean!! ) ...so the results might be a bit skewed!!! But hopefully in our favour - so that's alright then..

Was it the William Harper stuff you were 'very stunned' at Paddy? I know it does look a bit like he swallowed a jewellery display and then brought it back up again!! I really don't know why I am so excited by it - but I am!

By the way...how DO you get multiple quotes into a reply...? You have no idea what I have gone through to achieve this above...and I have no intention of doing it again in a hurry!! I assume there is an easy 'click of the button' method??
    Last edited by Solunar Silver Studio; 24-08-2009 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Added last paragraph!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    Gawd, Barbara, you don't 'alf hide your light under a bushel. These are brilliant!
    Thanks Di, As I said - it has been ages since I have looked at those photos...and you tend to forget all the bad bits about something you have made after a period of time has elapsed and can look more objectively at it. I have been so seduced by working with and fusing fine silver that I have sort of forgotten what you can do with constructed sterling sheet! I could almost be tempted ...to the other side!!!!!... AAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!

My alternatives.......? Try to do similar structures with pmc?
    Make with fine silver sheet? ....it's just that I would have to use solder that would show as a different colour...and would tarnish... Is there such a thing as fine silver solder does anyone know??

Anyway - all thoughts that I will keep churning in my little brain for now!
    I'm too busy just trying to get my little business launched this year to be thinking too much of just being plain creative!! HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohn View Post
    I stumbled upon this guy on flickr and have to say that his work to me is utterly amazing, clean lines, very minimalist, perfectly finished with amazing flush setting skills.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris-parry/

If I ever got to his stage of the game I would be more than proud of myself.

(Maybe in 10 years)
    lovely work ...

I actually like that

By the way...how DO you get multiple quotes into a reply...? You have no idea what I have gone through to achieve this above...and I have no intention of doing it again in a hurry!! I assume there is an easy 'click of the button' method??
    I use the tried and tested easy way... I copy a quote from one post and then quote a different post and paste the previous quote into it
    Goodbye

if you hit the button next to the quote box (the one with the quotation marks on it) on each of the posts you want to quote and then hit "post reply" it will bring them all up in your reply box
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Or you could click this button at the bottom right of all the posts you want to reply to (I think it lights up red when you've clicked it) and then when you have multiple ones lit up you hit 'Post Reply' and the box will open with all the quotes neatly listed for you.

Then you just reply under the ones you want to outside of the [quote*] [/quote*]... the *'s are just to stop it resolving so I can show you in this post