Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I hope you don't mind if I share...

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Default I hope you don't mind if I share...

I asked to be considered for Voluntary Redundancy from my all consuming day role, and today it was approved. I have worked for the company for 12 years and, given the knowledge that I am easily replaceable, it made the decision much easier for me.

I have to work the 12 - 14 weeks, and have leave, new skills to learn, 4 more teaching sessions to do, a long line of letters to write and contracts to complete... it seems almost like there will be no time. I have 26 days leave banked, 3.5 months time in lieu and this years leave still outstanding! Not gonna fit that lot in! Extra lovely input for me was to be asked to do some consultancy work, by one of two of the companies I engage with (couldn't say no, it is an opportunity to keep me in the loop of my main skill and expertise, a lovely surprise and bonus too).

so, onward and upward - going to do some training on managing my own business! lol Should be fun!

Opportunities knock - I have been able to take on a couple of extra commissions and sold on Etsy. I can feel the madness coming along quite nicely! lol

That's brilliant news Wallace. Your jewellery making will really take off now.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    That's brilliant news Wallace. Your jewellery making will really take off now.
    thank you Carole - scary, but I think possible! I think I may need to invest in the Tenna Ladies, branch of that company for a while though! lol

I think there are events that come about for a reason and it's almost like an invisible push in a certain direction. I certainly felt like this last year having reached a certain age and HAD to start making again.

Perhaps this is the moment for you. Very best of luck to you.

That's fantastic news Wallace - I think it will suit you down to the ground And you'll have more time for visitors too xx

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Wales View Post
    I think there are events that come about for a reason and it's almost like an invisible push in a certain direction. I certainly felt like this last year having reached a certain age and HAD to start making again.

Perhaps this is the moment for you. Very best of luck to you.
    awww you peeps are lovely, thank you for letting me share and responding. Anna that is amazing, and inspiring. thank you. Still need to invest in Tennas for a while and I am not talking the GBP variety!

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    That's fantastic news Wallace - I think it will suit you down to the ground And you'll have more time for visitors too xx
    what a very good idea G! it has been a while. Telsa is all growed up now too!

Congratulations Wallace!! Enjoy the next venture, I have no doubt that it will be a success!! xx

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    Congratulations Wallace!! Enjoy the next venture, I have no doubt that it will be a success!! xx
    thanks Jill - I have a good feeling it will be okay. My makes are mostly not too off the wall, but quirky enough so you know I made them! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    My makes are mostly not too off the wall, but quirky enough so you know I made them! lol
    .........and that's exactly why you'll be a success Wallace!!