Thread: Silversmith Course - Northants\MK

Default Silversmith Course - Northants\MK

Hello !!!

Just wondered if anyone knew of any Silversmith Courses in the Northampton area... Looking for evening classes ideally as I work full time... My silverwork is a hobby... just looking to develop myself a little further... I have found courses in Milton Keynes... just wondered about anything nearer to home Done some searching but have sadly drawn a blank !

Thanks for listening !!!

Steph

Hi Steph. I'm from Banbury and I have to say we appear to live in a dead zone as far as courses go. It seems to be travel to London or birmingham. What kind of courses are you after?
    Didi

Its the same in Exeter, we dont have anywhere apart from the local college which does one evening a week for 10 weeks for beginners, nothing a bit more advanced.

Check out Jasso, see; http://www.jasso.org.uk/
    They run short courses and master classes at their workshops in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. Which may be of interest to some.

James

Just a class where you can go along and work on your own projects... The ones I have been on before were very unstructured but we learnt so much from the tutor and from each other ! I loved it ! I want to learn how to set seaglass into rings and pendants really !!! I shall take a peek at Jasso - huge thanks for the link.

I missed James' recommendation of JASSO - they do some fantastic work (and had Nancy Megan Corwin there last month). Just a *little* bit too far for me to get to & from comfortably on a regular basis.

There is a lady in oxford who does courses. Amy Surman i think shes called, hang on

http://www.amysurman.com/

Shes very nice, you can do group or one on one.

Hi,
    The Mill Arts Centre in Banbury runs Silversmithing courses, there is one that started last week and I know that there are only 4 people on it, it is on tonight (Wednesday) and is 7-9pm. The tutor is Sue Collins, (cybersilver jewellery designs) and we all have different projects on the go, its a very relaxed class and we all learn from Sue and each other.
    They aslo run oe day courses, ring in a day etc every so often, these are also with Sue and are on Saturdays, think these are more structured than the weekly class.
    Sue