Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safety pickle from cooksons

Quote Originally Posted by Truffle & Podge View Post
    already got mixed pickle
    Thats fine, but take out the carrots and gherkins- just keep the onions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post

Thats fine, but take out the carrots and gherkins- just keep the onions.
    Oh dear
    X
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED

Food Grade pickle is eithier, malic acid, lactic acid or most likely Acetic Acid.

Cookson's one I believe is Acetic Acid, not that i would recomend it but a put a granule of Cookson Food Grade Safety Pickle and then granule of Acetic Acid bought from a wine making shop on my tounge and they tasted the same !. Its the same stuff they pickle onions in and cover those horribble sour jelly sweets with.

Pedro

Citric is also a food grade pickle - and more commonly used on things like the Haribo sour sweets. I don't think I've seen acetic used for that. That said, I've never used acetic in winemaking either - only citric.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Citric is also a food grade pickle - and more commonly used on things like the Haribo sour sweets. I don't think I've seen acetic used for that. That said, I've never used acetic in winemaking either - only citric.
    Doh ! I mean citric acid ofcourse, I'm getting my pickle onion making mixed up with my wine making again !. I buy the "Young's" brand in big bag's, good for de-scaling kettles,showerheads etc. Also if you have a Nespesso dont spend load's of money on thier descaling kits, just make a citric acid solution and peice of filter paper were the capsule goes and run through once, then once with clean water.

Pedro

I think i'm a bit weird i can actually just eat spoonfuls of citric acid straight out the bag.....................my mouth is watering just thinking about it lol (no i'm not going to attack my pickle bag just incase haha)
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED