Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Etsy any good?

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    It's not just that, the name alone puts me off. Makes me feel I should be sitting in my hovel with a spinning wheel and a pot of something unspeakable bubbling on the open hearth next to me...
    Yes. This. The name Folksy irritates me more than is entirely rational. It's such a stupid word!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLauren View Post
    Yes. This. The name Folksy irritates me more than is entirely rational. It's such a stupid word!
    makes me think of weird old men with bad mossy teeth and straggly goatees for some reason
    X
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED

Try Jewelstreet for a truely remarkable place to sell jewellery online

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Taylor View Post
    Might be worth mentioning your affiliation though Mike.....

(and might be worth checking your spelling if you're going to try to advertise to us)

I have a bit of expeirence with ecommerce, and my advice is that it's not about which is better, you should just be active on every platform possible. Sell on Ebay, Etsy, advertise using Facebook. Plus go to ANY trade shows. Mizgeorge is right, selling jewelery online is a difficult business. I'm not super with ecommerce websites but I made mine through this site and they were good. But you can always just start up a blog easily that I think you can connect that to your ebay account. I was selling sculptures though so it's a bit different to jewelery.. I maybe sold two or three pieces a month depending on the season. But jewelery you really want to get it everywhere. I'd love to see your stuff though, have you decided what to use? I've just made the transition to to jewelery from sculpture and would like to make this into a business to

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Taylor View Post
    Yes, poor spelling doesn't inspire confidence

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLauren View Post
    It seems you are not alone in this. My daughter (aged 23), said she wouldn't consider even taking a peek at the website as the name made her want to vomit! (which I thought was a bit of an over reaction, but that's not all), she also
    said it made her think of ageing hippies running around the woods naked, hugging trees and whittling clogs from their own earwax!
    sue

Quote Originally Posted by Truffle & Podge View Post
    makes me think of weird old men with bad mossy teeth and straggly goatees for some reason
    X
    Have you met my daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by joella View Post
    Have you met my daughter?
    OOps, I didn't mean she has bad mossy teeth etc!