Thread: Silver paste flowers

Angry Silver paste flowers

Morning,

I am trying my hand at using silver paste on flowers however really struggling and hoping that someone on here can help point me in the right direction!

I have been trying to do a rose petal, the first couple of layers go on fine but then either begin to peel off when I apply the next or if I leave it overnight to dry thoroughly then the next morning the whole thing breaks up and collapses!

Is it the case that it is not actually possible to do petals as so far I have only seen leaves done in this way however whilst googling to try and find an answer to this I have seen people offering to do petals so then I am thinking it is do-able?

Many thanks in advance,
    Becky.

Hi Nellie Flo. Sorry I can't help. I don't think many of us on here use metal clay, though someone may be able to answer your questions. Could you use some sort of mould?

H,

Thank you for the reply, I could use a mould, I'm just being stubborn in trying to do the petals from actual flowers!!

I'm not sure I see the advantage of using actual petals because it's not like they have an interesting surface. Maybe you could do them the way those porcelain workers do them? I can't think of the famous company that does ceramic flowers, but I recall watching them do it of TV ages ago and it was basically using thumbs and assembling. You could practice with regular clay.