Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polishing to Perfection Webcast today at 2.15pm

Default Polishing to Perfection Webcast today at 2.15pm

Just over an hour to go before our WebCast on Polishing to Perfection at 2:15pm BST Register HERE http://www.anymeeting.com/PIID=E955DD88844B3F for your last minute registration.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	webcast.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	4725
    Its finally here. The answer to your Online Jewellery Training

Just Click Below

AtTheBench Jewellery Training for Jewellers

Hi Andrew, it's very cheeky of me but could you post on here a bit earlier when it's going to be? spent yesterday fruitlessly searching for time and place. But then i'm a bit of a div when it comes to computers
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Truffle & Podge View Post
    But then i'm a bit of a div when it comes to computers

lol!

I was on the first one, and thought I had completely messed up my log in stuff - and then realised only today, it was lack of software on my ipad!

Andrew posted this http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4968 on the 24th April, so it may have been like ships in the night with getting posted and your experimentation with the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post

lol!

I was on the first one, and thought I had completely messed up my log in stuff - and then realised only today, it was lack of software on my ipad!

Andrew posted this http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4968 on the 24th April, so it may have been like ships in the night with getting posted and your experimentation with the ring.

Like i said i'm a div when it comes to computers lol also i was searching podcast not webcast so that may have added to it oops X
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED

Sorry that was probably my fault, I am also a bit thick with computers, didnt know there was a difference doh!

Really sorry about that. I thought we had already posted it a few weeks earlier.

We will give you plenty of time for the next one in June.

The gremlins got into the works again. We are moving to a new Video Streaming provider. We were using a basic version which really could not cope with the demand and what we wanted from the system.

Next month we are investing heavily in this service we are offering and moving to a better provider which will enable full screen live video streaming. In addition to our monthly techniques webcast we are looking into broadcasting a webcast with a whole hour of live questions and answers on a certain topic. We could have certainly continued for a lot longer answering all the questions that were coming in on Saturday. The advantage of video is that you will be able to see the answers to your questions. The idea is to have 30 minutes on questions that have been emailed to us and 30 minutes on questions asked during the webcast.

And if any of you are interested in an One on One webcast where I can chat and advise you on all aspects of jewellery manufacture, design, business and marketing ideas then just let me know. There would be a nominal charge for this One on One tuition.

Just drop me a line if you are interested in One on One and we will organise a calendar booking system live on www.AtTheBench.com andrew@AtTheBench.com

Thanks agin for your support.

Andrew

Just Click Below

Is there going to be a chance to see the polishing webcast at another time? I wasn't able to log in on Saturday (not likely to be able to on another Saturday either) but, as a member of At the Bench, (and a fan of yours Andrew!) I would like to be able to still get the benefit of viewing the webcast. Pretty please!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by andrew_berry View Post
    The gremlins got into the works again. We are moving to a new Video Streaming provider. We were using a basic version which really could not cope with the demand and what we wanted from the system.

Next month we are investing heavily in this service we are offering and moving to a better provider which will enable full screen live video streaming. In addition to our monthly techniques webcast we are looking into broadcasting a webcast with a whole hour of live questions and answers on a certain topic. We could have certainly continued for a lot longer answering all the questions that were coming in on Saturday. The advantage of video is that you will be able to see the answers to your questions. The idea is to have 30 minutes on questions that have been emailed to us and 30 minutes on questions asked during the webcast.
    It worked; it's a bit difficult to make out the brushes you were showing, particularly with the low res camera. There were points where the audio corruption made it more difficult to make out what you were saying - but it was, despite comments to the contrary, still significantly better than the state of the art for 1994...

The diamond polishing paste was an interesting idea; I've got lapping pastes down to 0.5u but I've only really used them for taking scratches out of glass and crystals, it hadn't occurred to me to use it post-setting.

I still wan't happy with the way the webcast worked out. We had 3 HD cameras and the webcam was a back up. As soon as we switched to the HD cameras it was too much for the connection. Fibre is not an option because out area still has not get it installed.

Everything worked well in practice, sods law. So next time I am getting one of my daughters to be in charge of just one HD camera and she can move the camera and zoom in on the details. Plus we are changing to Livestream but there is quite a cost involved but the quality with be better.

Fingers crossed.

A link to the webcast will be sent out tonight.

Andrew

Just Click Below

I did wonder if it might be possible to do the video in progressive rather than interlaced mode? Given the bandwidth concerns it's something that would probably have to wait.
    Another thought would be to to a wireless point-to-point bridge to Jason's house - depends on the range needed. And it is another thing to go wrong...