Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I hope you don't mind if I share...

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    .........and that's exactly why you'll be a success Wallace!!
    thank you - but I can assure you my art teacher wasn't as complimentary - but to be fair, I did get fed up of having to draw the same piece of driftwood for three months and felt a new alien popping out from one of the nodes seemed reasonable enough!

lol alien! X
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED

Yes, art teachers don't tend to like aliens much!

You'll be great Wallace. My business didn't take off until I gave up work. Mind you, you don't know what hard work is until you work for yourself! Be prepared for 12 hour days, 7 days a week!

Sounds a really good opportunity Wallace - congratulations!

I wish you the very best, as Carole says once you start working for yourself 100% the working day becomes very long. But also doing something that you choose to do can be very rewarding. I started my own business at the age 0f 39 and after a year I wished I had started earlier.

James

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Truffle & Podge View Post
    lol alien! X

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Yes, art teachers don't tend to like aliens much!

You'll be great Wallace. My business didn't take off until I gave up work. Mind you, you don't know what hard work is until you work for yourself! Be prepared for 12 hour days, 7 days a week!
    . Thank you Carole, makes it sound promising. I already work after working the day job to keeps up. Sometimes it is sketching, networking or actual making and even still learning. I don't sleep much!

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Sounds a really good opportunity Wallace - congratulations!
    thank you Peter, I am looking forward to some challenges ahead, and more stone setting classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    I wish you the very best, as Carole says once you start working for yourself 100% the working day becomes very long. But also doing something that you choose to do can be very rewarding. I started my own business at the age 0f 39 and after a year I wished I had started earlier.

James
    thank you James, my days are already long, so it will be a comfy start! I don't have the qualifications in this field. Mine are in 'social care' and teaching. I am looking forward to the challenge.

Just a thought...
    Will people look for the qualification, or is the skill, talent and knowledge enough / acceptable?

Can't use the Graphics stuff, my dyslexic brain doesn't like the grids and lines all over the design. Pencil and paper still work though. Hehehe.

Thank you so much everyone, really it has been most welcomed to have your views and thoughts, it all helps.

I'm sure it will go brilliantly, best wishes, Dennis.

Just a thought...
    Will people look for the qualification, or is the skill, talent and knowledge enough / acceptable?

Can't use the Graphics stuff, my dyslexic brain doesn't like the grids and lines all over the design. Pencil and paper still work though. Hehehe.

I have been asked over the years where I trained/qualified. I can't remember it ever making a difference when I say that I have had no formal training. I think your jewellery always speaks for itself. I've found it important if you can, to attend events and let people see the work/feel it/try it on(earrings excepted). The best photo's are still not a substitute for the real thing.
    Last edited by Anna Wales; 16-05-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Congratulations, Wallace. You make beautiful jewellery and being able to devote yourself full time means it can only get better which will equal personal and professional success. Good on you!

Congratulations. More time for more beautiful pieces. Have fun with it all.
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/