Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pure rouge bar

I also use a Henry vacuum as a dust extractor. I've only just started using my bench grinder/polisher for polishing as I was too scared of it for two years!!! What a wuss! I was using my Foredom flexshaft prior to that and always ended up looking like a chimney sweep.

I can honestly say that changing over from using the Foredom for polishing, to using the big, boxed-in polishing motor, was one of the most sensible decisions I have made. I actually enjoy polishing now, whereas I used to absolutely loathe it. It's far less messy, and I'm getting a much more mirror-like polish to my pieces.

my mam used to kill me after 8 hours polishing then come home and turn the bath red!

Thanks for all the replies; I’ve got a large extractor for use over the soldering bench. Did not think of using an old hover for the polishing, I’ve an old VAX that i use for removing the 8-legged monsters from the garage. Strange but most of them are now a nice red shade.

During polishing i always use a mask and safety glasses, but I’m about to make a work shop in the corner of the garage so need to cut down on the dust.

Thank again.