Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wanted durston rolling mill

Plus VAT, Pat. Which puts it to what I said.

Yes, I agree. My point was that one couldnt expect to get almost what a new one cost, even if it has never been used. For second hand most people assume that it will be half of what they paid for one that has been used and slightly over half if its not been used. I wouldnt expect to pay over £250 - £275.

It's a Durston, Pat. They hold their value *very* well and 16% off new for an unused one is pretty reasonable.
    For the record, it is the seller's business to spec a price, if they find a buyer at that level, good; if not, it's their call to decide whether or not to adjust the price. It is not our place to debate the price (and yes, I'm aware I'm doing it too).

I wasnt debating whether it was cheap or not, just that I cant justify having one at that price for the amount of jewellery I make. I would love to have one, but cant afford to just go out and buy one, not at that price, £250 would have been my limit. Not saying whether it is a good price or bad, just that I know my limits, know what I can afford.

Hi, Thanks for the comments Pat and Peter. I've taken some pics and will post it in the classified section too. I think the original person who started the the thread was also interested, so I'll give them the opportunity to reply too before I do.

I'm open to offers on the mill, but I would hope to get more then £275.00 as it's totally unused. I've looked at prices on other forums/ebay and that price does seem to be more for a good condition used one. It's been stored inside, unused and is in v good condition. Thanks, Emma
    Last edited by emmaj; 10-11-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Default Photos of the mini mill

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4828.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	5349Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4830.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	5350Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4833.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	5351
    Photos of the mill attached for anyone interested. Thanks, Emma

...for what it's worth, it's Durston, they do hold their price,......don't mean to enter a debate, just passing comment and completely agree that regardless of what we would all love to have, we can't necessarily afford it, I have quite a lot in my 'if only I could afford it' list!!!!
    Pat, for what you're describing your intended uses I would have thought one of the cheaper Indian models would be great, I did have one, but have sold it on, but that's exactly what I used it for and it was great!!

Exactly but you wont know the price unless you ask. Then you can decide whether a) its worth the price and b) whether you can afford it. I also have a list with things I want, given it to my daughter for a xmas list, there is a machine that I saw at one of the stands that corrugates silver, and I can imagine it being awsome to own, but it wouldnt get used a lot, after all, how many things can you put on a 12 foot table at a craft fair that is corrugated. So that will go on my millionaires list (if I win the lottery, which would be difficult as I dont do it).

emmaj ... PM sent