Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: have not thought this through at all

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Truffle & Podge View Post
    that would be fab but i'm soldering 4 pieces to the headband and was told to use hard (do you know the cheapest seller other than cookies? palmers is good for pricing but they take several days to ship X
    if you contact Palmers, they will send it out the same day - but as it is freepost - the postal system may be part of the delay as I think it might be second class delivery.

cousins are a good stand by

Rashbels too - they have sped up their processing times. I got mine the next day after ordering from them, so I think they may have been a little positive on the change following some feedback.

Cookies, as we know strive to give customer excellence

EBay

Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Reams have been written about this now Tasha and there is probably enough for a book. But given your aversion to large torches, I would go for extra easy solder. It is still of hallmarking quality but has a lower melting point.

I am quite confident it will be strong enough, because more than a year ago I re-soldered a wire oven shelf with it and it is still working well. Dennis.

http://www.cooksongold.com/category_...=Silver+solder

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Reams have been written about this now Tasha and there is probably enough for a book. But given your aversion to large torches, I would go for extra easy solder. It is still of hallmarking quality but has a lower melting point.

I am quite confident it will be strong enough, because more than a year ago I re-soldered a wire oven shelf with it and it is still working well. Dennis.

http://www.cooksongold.com/category_...=Silver+solder
    Thanks Dennis, my local jeweler jumped in with an inch long piece to save me. To be honest I think my little torch is quite powerful, so a bit more worried it would run too quickly but will def keep all the advice in mind when i come to purchase some.
    My fear is a bit weird i'm sort of more afraid of holding a gas canister and the big hissy sound..I really need to get over it lol X
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED