Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mitre Vise chennier jig type thing

[QUOTE=mizgeorge;55803 I can use it to cut 90 or 45 degree angles in wire of any shape or tube, without marking the stock, and also to file those perfect angles in anything cut otherwise. Brilliant for ensuring perfect joints for soldering and the angles are useful for making frames and special shaped bezels as well.[/QUOTE]

To add to George's list, it will hold tube securely, even quite short pieces, for cutting seats for stones, or cutting threads in them. Is that too many commas? Dennis.

See, I really actually NEED this! I will be better using this! And I think I might have just bought A Young's entire print output.

Thanks people, I will order one I think. It will be a useful tool for cutting at an angle which is why I want it. I have the handheld one already and it has proved invaluable but you cant cut angles of course. Cousins have one for £25 which seems to be half the price of anyone else. Will give it a shot, if it is good and it doesnt last I can always buy a better quality one later on.

Do you put the mitre vice in a GRS Vice or put it in the ring vice. I bought the jewellers set-up with a bench peg, and didnt buy the vice. I tried it in a proper vice but its a bit high to be comfortable.

I generally just hold mine by hand. If I need more stability, I either put it in a vice or clamp it to the side of my bench with a small g clamp.

I will give it a try. Couldnt get my head around the angles of the 45 deg. Wanted to do a picture frame type setting with wire, but kept getting the same angle on both ends. Stuuuuupid, anyway got it now and have cut four pieces the correct way, all I have to do now is solder the angles without it melting.