Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free WebCast on the Techniques of Soldering

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

I couldn't get to watch this as I have been having some problems with the log in! Glad it is getting repeated.

Tremendously useful. I was reminded of some stuff from the distant past and learned new. What could be better? Much thanks.
    Off to solder!
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Thanks everyone.

Yes has a real problem with the wireless mics before the broadcast. Everything worked in the practice filming but it did not work on the day. The sound quality was not good as we had to rely on a webcam mike so I apologise for that.

The next WebCast will be in a months time, again on a Saturday but a bit earlier this time, around 2.15pm but more information will follow.

We will post the recorded session but you will have to turn down your volume as the recorded sound was quite distorted.

Thanks for all the feedback and look forward to welcoming you all back for the next one.

Also please feel free to invite you friends too. The more the merrier.

Regards

Andrew
    Its finally here. The answer to your Online Jewellery Training

Just Click Below

AtTheBench Jewellery Training for Jewellers

Finally watched it this morning. Ach, the sound wasn't as bad as some I've heard!

Some very good content there - I particularly liked being shown the consistency of the rouge paste, it's not something that books can convey terribly well (same goes for borax, really). I thought the use of the Water of Ayr stone was just mean given how much of a swine they are to source these days

Only real criticism (such as it is) is an issue with the medium - the resolution, frame rate & motion encoding of a webcast sometimes makes it frustratingly unclear on detail shots. It's a tech limitation and the only thing I can think of that might help slightly would be to hold a steady image for a second or so longer (depends on how long the encoder takes to settle).

The problem is that with webcams, they are great at a distant but not that good close up.

This week we have improved the technology and now have 3 HDMI cameras in various positions so we wont need to move them, just switch between them, so, in theory, the picture quality should be better.

The quality will never be as good as the recorded films we do as we are at the mercy of the hosting/broadcasting company and out upload speeds.

I can assure you that the next one will be 100 times better. We live and learn, eh?

Andrew
    Its finally here. The answer to your Online Jewellery Training

Just Click Below

AtTheBench Jewellery Training for Jewellers

Quote Originally Posted by andrew_berry View Post
    This week we have improved the technology and now have 3 HDMI cameras in various positions so we wont need to move them, just switch between them, so, in theory, the picture quality should be better.

The quality will never be as good as the recorded films we do as we are at the mercy of the hosting/broadcasting company and out upload speeds.
    Shiny
    As for never as good - well, some of us are working on that H264 has lower bandwidth requirements than MPEG2 for the same image quality, H265 should improve on that by a significant margin.
    What this'll mean in practice is that more channels will be crammed into the available bandwidth for the TV providers, but it should have knock-on effects to streaming video over the net.

Of course, the state of the networks in the UK mean there will always be people suffer with slow connections. I get about 3Mbps at home, which isn't that great but it mostly works. Unless it rains.

I can assure you that the next one will be 100 times better. We live and learn, eh?
    Looking forwards to it.