Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rock, Gem N Bead Shows

Default Rock, Gem N Bead Shows

Just to let you know the next Rock, Gem 'n' Bead Show is in Newton Abbot Racecourse, opposite Tesco. For all you people who live in Devon its a good show to go to, lots to see, and buy. There is another one in September or October but that is the Bead 'n' Gem show which has mostly beads.

I hope you've just been away Pat, not unwell. The last R n G show at Kempton park had no dedicated gem dealers at all, mostly rocks, beads and made jewellery, so I had a long drive for nothing.

Hopefully yours will be better. Regards, Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I hope you've just been away Pat, not unwell. The last R n G show at Kempton park had no dedicated gem dealers at all, mostly rocks, beads and made jewellery, so I had a long drive for nothing.

Hopefully yours will be better. Regards, Dennis.
    I went to the gadget show, back to exeter again then down to southampton for a wedding. On the first day started a cold, which just got worse. Today i can breathe which is nice, but still coughing.

Thanks Pat, will have to look into that

I think we are going on the Saturday but not sure, we could meet up if you want.

I had hoped it was on today as I have friends staying this weekend so can't go tomorrow or Sunday, hope you enjoy it Pat

need to go to one of these shows to see what rough rock is available

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

they have them all over the place Stu. Bath & West Showground is coming up in June

http://www.rockngem.co.uk/show-dates.html

Went to the Rock n Gem show at Newton Abbot yesterday. Most of the stuff was either "mystical" displays or cheap stuff that people had bought in to sell, there were a lot of beads (if you are interested in beads that is) but not a lot else. There were a couple of stalls selling cabs, but about £9 for an amber 8mm x 5mm and nothing to write home about, very shallow and not worth bothering about. Its the first time I have come away without buying anything, and I have been twice a year for the last three years. Very disappointing. There used to be a chap that we regularly used to buy from, I think his name was Marcus, but the business was owned by his mother or mother-in-law and she was against the internet as a way of selling, he gave me his card but as it was not in his name, I dont know which one it is, plus not sure which part of the country he came from, but his stones both cabs and facetted were lovely, nice deep cabs with glorious colours, if anyone knows who or where he is please tell me, as he isnt at the show now. I seem to remember him saying his mother was called Margot, or Margaret, or something like that.

The only person I can remember called Marcus at the Rock n Gem shows, was Marcus McCallum; http://www.marcusmccallum.com/ he sells nice stones.

James