As far as I was aware, Cooksons proudly guarantee to despatch all orders the same day if placed before 3pm. Well, I placed an order on April 4th and shortly after that I placed another order on the 5th for bullion for some rather urgent commission pieces. There was a problem with my payment card for the first order so I phoned up at about 1pm yesterday afternoon to give my correct card details. I asked whether they would be despatched the same day considering I had placed both the orders well before the 3pm cut off and I was assured that they would be. However, it's now April 6th and they've not been despatched and are scheduled for despatch today which is a real pain in the back side because I needed these orders urgently and the earliest I could possibly receive them now is Monday.

To add insult to injury, my card was charged an additional £1 verification charge (TWICE) that hasn't been refunded meaning I'm out of pocket and will now have to wait longer for my very important orders to arrive.

It's not fair to guarantee same day despatch then delay the despatch for whatever unknown reason. I wish I'd have just come and collected the orders now but I had faith in Cooksons and thought they would be true to their word

Sorry about the rant everyone, I'm just upset, out of pocket and will not be able to start my commission work until the order arrives.

Has anyone else had a problem like this before?