Thread: Rose gold tubing?

Default Rose gold tubing?

Hi everyone!

I was wondering whether anyone might know of somewhere that supplies rose gold tubing? I'm looking to buy some 9ct or 18ct rose gold tube for a commission but I have never used rose gold before and didn't realise that my usual supplier (Cookies, of course ) doesn't supply it. Does anyone have any ideas? I need it in a fairly small size to set a 2.2mm diamond. Drawing my own tube is unfortunately not an option for me.

Any ideas/suggestions would be very greatly appreciated

The picture (sorry, it's out of focus) is of the ring I will be making, only in rose/red gold instead of yellow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	golddiamond2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	4603

Quote Originally Posted by silken View Post

Any ideas/suggestions would be very greatly appreciated

The picture (sorry, it's out of focus) is of the ring I will be making, only in rose/red gold instead of yellow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	golddiamond2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	4603
    Hi Emily,

I can get you 14ct red gold tube in the size of 3x2mm or 2.5x1.5mm then if you want the ring shank to match the colour I can get you 1mm, 1.5mm or 2mm thick wire. If you are considering a contrast colour on the ring shank I can also get 14ct rose gold wire in 1mm and 1.5mm.

We have no 9ct in NL and my supplier has no 18ct in tube.

Let me know if you want any further information.
    Good luck with it,

Lesley
    Poor old Les

Nice ring!

Betts do gold tubing but only seem to have inner diameter of 1 or 3mm so not much good for you.

Thanks so much Lesley and Medusa

I'm going to talk to my customer again and she what she'd prefer. It's a shame the 9ct gold red tubing isn't so readily available. In an ideal world, I would have a huge studio and I was alloy all my own metals and draw my own tubing but, well, that's just wishful thinking hehe.

Thanks again and I'll post again when I know what she'd prefer.

You're more than welcome, info pm'd this morning.

Lesley.
    Poor old Les

Thanks so much

Just another quick question, I have never really used rose/red gold before and I was wondering what solder to you? I've heard that the 'red gold' solder is a bit of a pain and doesn't provide a particularly good colour match. Do you think a little bit of 9ct yellow gold solder would be okay?

It is a poor colour match, but I have some and will put a snippet in the packet with the tube, I think it will be the better choice than yellow.
    Poor old Les

Lesley, thank you soooooooo much!

You're a star! I'm feeling much less apprehensive about this custom order now.

The solder seam will be hidden underneath the tube setting so hopefully the colour match issues shouldn't be too much of a problem but I will have to see how it looks when I try it out.