Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: April Themed Competition 2013

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cath seaglass 011.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	4651
    Here is my rather literal entry. A piece of seaglass, but with a nice story behind it.
    Friends I very rarely see came to visit me to celebrate my birthday and after a very pleasant lunch in the sun, we walked on my local beach. The chap picked up this piece of seaglass and I said "give it to me, I'll make it into something and send it to your lady, and that way we all have a part in it"
    Something for us all to remember the day by :-)
    I liked the long slender look of the glass so I made a simple elegant setting for it with flattened silver wire.

ahhhh love sea glass! nice design!

Lovely Kimkie

Oh these are all really lovely - it's going to be a difficult month for choosing! Favourites are Carol's pendant (love the colours) and Medusa's seaweed bangle (it looks so tactile and beautiful - I love it!)

The sea is my absolute favourite area for inspiration. I love all the entries, especially the seaweed bangle.

I've got a bangle too - this was inspired by a moment last november, when I got seperated from my buddy on a scuba dive in orkney, and surfaced on my own just as it was getting dark, in quite a choppy sea, and with the boat nowhere in sight. It was quite a surprisingly serene experience - being completely surrounded by waves, totally on my own. (I was reunited with my buddy and the boat very shortly afterwards)

Picture me as a little dot floating in the middle ;-)

These are 3 inter-linked silver bangles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8692922823_2b8de6b0e8_c.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	4658

ugh... sounds scary, Fay. Good it inspired such a lovely end result though!

It's at times like that having a DSMB is a comfort... At least you can wave it well above your head (and it helps SAR if it comes down to it)!

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    It's at times like that having a DSMB is a comfort... At least you can wave it well above your head (and it helps SAR if it comes down to it)!
    Indeed!!! Luckily I ascended the shot line, and could see lights on the line below me, so hung on knowing that company wasn't too far behind. So no real cause for worry.