Thread: Imagepac stampmaker (trouble with printing black enough negative)

Default Imagepac stampmaker (trouble with printing black enough negative)

Hi,

I've been using the Imagepac stampmaker for a while in order to make hand and footprint stamps for silver clay and have never managed to get an opaque black negative despite following all the instructions and trying three different (increasingly expensive!) printers. I had been printing out two negatives and sticking them together but know that this is not ideal and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

I should also mention that until recently the prints were being taken in paint on paper but I've now moved to inkless wipes. The first ones I took with inkless wipes came out with very shallow prints on the stamp (even though I used two negatives stuck together). I was wondering if it's because the prints aren't as dramatically black and white as they were with the painted prints, but on the other hand I know that most people do use inkless wipes so it shouldn't really be a problem.

Have spoken to Imagepac quite a few times and followed their advice but it hasn't made a difference. Would be very grateful for any suggestions!

Many thanks

Hi

I'm not familiar with Imagepac as I use a laser/engraver to create rubber stamps/texture plates, however I've made acetates for printed circuit boards and the process is similiar in that you have to make a negative that is exposed to UV light. I found that only toner printer/photocopiers produced the right density, and sometimes even then I had to double up depending on how depleted thecopier was to get a good result.

I've got a Artist friend who does a lot of solar printing and she uses a dedicate B&W monochome printer to make her negatives, Ive never used one but she gets great results for her artwork.

Hope that helps.

Peter

Thank-you Peter, that's very helpful

Hi, if you scan your image in as a grey scale, then using the levels option in photoshop make the image more contrasty to reduce any fine detail. make sure it's black and white in contrast before making a black background file.When ready to print choose matte option so printer uses more ink.
    Not tried this as yes but bought the tutorial from my old PMC instructer and the above is what she says to do, hope it helps x

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Hi,

I've been using the Imagepac stampmaker for a while in order to make hand and footprint stamps for silver clay and have never managed to get an opaque black negative despite following all the instructions and trying three different (increasingly expensive!) printers. I had been printing out two negatives and sticking them together but know that this is not ideal and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

I should also mention that until recently the prints were being taken in paint on paper but I've now moved to inkless wipes. The first ones I took with inkless wipes came out with very shallow prints on the stamp (even though I used two negatives stuck together). I was wondering if it's because the prints aren't as dramatically black and white as they were with the painted prints, but on the other hand I know that most people do use inkless wipes so it shouldn't really be a problem.

Have spoken to Imagepac quite a few times and followed their advice but it hasn't made a difference. Would be very grateful for any suggestions!

Many thanks
    Did you managed to get it right? I had same problem...

How are you going with this? I have tried 3 printers, various settings and am just about there ....... on hand if you want to know what I do! xx

Hi. If you're using inkless wipes the image always comes out grey and not defined enough for printing. I scan my images into the computer and make them completely black and white with photoshop before I print.
    I print mine out fine on inkjet OHP'S that I buy from Amazon.

I have no experience with Imagepac. I just use the OHP's with photo polymer plates. xx