Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Eye clean, loupe clean or...

It`s abit complicated & I only go with what`s been said on the engraving forums..there are probably various options if you understand all that technical stuff (which i don`t) Also why i just got one from the tool store to save the headache & risk.

As for work holding.. I guess a bench pin or benchmate is do-able but requires moving the scope stand alot (which is a pain) & re-focusing ect.

Using a engraving block on a flat surface is way better, microblock for small things is perfect & you can get step raisers for it.

The reason is tilting the work & it going out of view & focus, so a block can be easily slid around & raised/lowered as needed much faster without so much hassle of adjusting everything constantly.

They are abit clumsy to use to begin with, but once you get the hang of it becomes second nature.
    Last edited by Gemsetterchris; 26-09-2014 at 06:16 AM.

I've printed 3 different height stands as I got fed up with the step risers - more fiddly than I could be bothered with in the end. I probably ought to put them up on Thingiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    OK, my Nikon has x4 objective and a 0.5 Barlow. But... Someone else advocates no Barlow.

If I end up needing a second scope I'll probably just buy a new Meiji for ease & convenience.

Without a Barlow you get more magnification but alot less working distance.

...Which is why I've got one. Working with a Meiji without a Barlow turned out to be feasible. Bench height was probably part of that equation too.

Well that's something to be going on with. Thank you.

http://www.suttontools.co.uk/grs-mic...ers-block.html

This is better for jewellery size stuff.

Workbench height: I had to get an adjustable height chair & put my drill foot pedal on a footrest once the scope was in place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd6F...dXS9wxepg9BNKQ

this is how I got round the hassle of different fixtures its a cheap microscope but I remade the stand an built a bench for it.

That`s abit posh Josef
    Hate clicking youtube links as I end up watching more..nice CAD videos, way beyond my skills.